Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow..only 2 or 3 months but wow...what a joy ride.
I had VPFREE and what a difference...light...easy to maneuver...jumping...fast...berms...all...DH...all in one...if any one has indecision...come to me...i'll convince you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
I'm still surprised the Guapo doesn't generate more mainstream attention.

Just finished building my '09 a few weeks ago - outclimbs my Intense 5.5, and kicks okole going down! I can't stop riding it. Guess it helps that I'm on Maui.......where it hardly ever snows!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
I am of the same impression too that its not given enough attention. Over where I am, I think the distro is just not aggressive enough in selling this model. All the attention has gone to the other Titus models. There are loads of people with Motolite and the newer FTM.


Talked to some folks..and their impression was that unlike brands like SC or Spez etc which have a complete lineup from XC to DH bikes, the biggest Titus stops at the EG. It kind of makes people think if Titus is really capable of coming out with 1 model that is really that good.... when they dont have a history of bigger bikes to back them up.

To that, I say its their loss. I kinda like being the one and only EG around here but it does get lonely at times :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,090 Posts
Also, people think that the EG is a much "bigger" bike than it is. The EG is not the Supermoto reborn but something different.

With the EG frame now closer to 7lbs, I am starting to wonder about the appeal of the FTM. Add everybody's report of how well the EG climbs -better than the FTM/ML - and the EG seems like the bike to buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tried to upload a pic...i used attachments...how?

Vespasianus said:
Also, people think that the EG is a much "bigger" bike than it is. The EG is not the Supermoto reborn but something different.

With the EG frame now closer to 7lbs, I am starting to wonder about the appeal of the FTM. Add everybody's report of how well the EG climbs -better than the FTM/ML - and the EG seems like the bike to buy.
It pedals like turbo jet :)
Jumps like a bunny...downhill...like...mmm....like a DH rig.... :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
like a dh bike?

endlessrider said:
It pedals like turbo jet :)
Jumps like a bunny...downhill...like...mmm....like a DH rig.... :)
what kind of rear shock'u runnin?

My 03 Specialized Bighit is WAY PLUSHER than my guapo w/ rp23hv. Both frames have similar amount of travel as well (160mm vs. 155mm). the feel of the bighit is real DH, or at least as close to dh a 160mm travel rear can feel. I'm all ears on making my Guap feel more like the Bighit...I'm starting to get the impression that even the Delerium T isn't even as plush as my bighit based on the comparisons available by form'r's.

I can see you're running a coil...CCDB maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DHX 5 coil (2008)

epicjurneez said:
what kind of rear shock'u runnin?

My 03 Specialized Bighit is WAY PLUSHER than my guapo w/ rp23hv. Both frames have similar amount of travel as well (160mm vs. 155mm). the feel of the bighit is real DH, or at least as close to dh a 160mm travel rear can feel. I'm all ears on making my Guap feel more like the Bighit...I'm starting to get the impression that even the Delerium T isn't even as plush as my bighit based on the comparisons available by form'r's.

I can see you're running a coil...CCDB maybe?
The EG is not as plushi as the big hit, and its can't be.
With the rp23 the feeling was terrible.
But with the coil, it took time to get used to it (Had vp free before the EG, and thats a big difference).
But for a frame that can take you uphill almost as fast as a XC bike and down as a good 6 inch bike, i love it, jump with it...everything...they feel light, plushi enough...for now :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top