Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi-Custom El Fuego....an itty bitty one. Makes for one light machine!

I just love the ball burnished look!

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm gonna make one of these my Autumn project....

....Though I still have my 01 bearing - retrofitted Fuego. Maybe I should build it back up. I really like the lower leverage ratio of the new bikes though.

Beautiful frame.

Congrats

- feel the gin

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...congrats to the lucky customer. She's going to love it!
Now I just have to get the thing built up...soon enough!

·
Registered
968 Posts
awesome, i definitely need to get one but the bank account says no for the moment.

what size is it and what geo changes happened with the semi-custom, and most importantly - how much does it weigh?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The semi custom part of it was a size shorter top tube. It's a 15" with a top tube from a
13" frame.
The frame weight with seat collar and shock came in at 5.25lbs.

Built up the rest this morning...all except fork. That'll be here Friday and I'll post up pictures of the final build Saturday most likely..

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Final Build

Here's the complete build.
25.2lbs. complete with pedals, bottle cage and an extra bit of steerer tube.

1: The bike...oh how sweet it is.
2: The happy owner, from snowy Calgary, about to embark on a four day mtn. bike trip of NorCal with her new steed. Check the grin...I think someone is pleased, eh?:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've had a ball burnished ElFuego since Chrismas and just love it.I'm racing 1 1/2hr XC races and Marathons, it's the perfect bike for both.
Mines speced with Manatou SPV front and rear , there's no bob at all even riding out of the saddle.
I had mine built up the for a short course Xc race the other day at under 24pounds

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I almost went with El Patron (I'm coming from a Racer X 100) but went with El Rey instead after talking to Sherwood. I'm sure her bike is going to feel like a rocket on the trails. :thumbsup:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ridin'Dirty said:
I almost went with El Patron (I'm coming from a Racer X 100) but went with El Rey instead after talking to Sherwood. I'm sure her bike is going to feel like a rocket on the trails. :thumbsup:
Yup talked to her yesterday and she had gone and done a 25mile loop in Auburn to properly break in her bike on Saturday afternoon. Then went up to Nevada City and rode south Yuba trail. So she's getting to taste some proper NorCal trails. Napa and Santa Cruz coming up, too.
Needless to say she's loving it!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts