Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from a ride with the other 2 Ventana SS 29'er freaks and thought I would give my impressions of the El Commandante from this ride in the mud.
Downhill - WOW!!! Do these things gather speed or what!!!! But I must say that I never oince felt concerned about crashing as they are so stable.

Logs - What frick'en logs??? I rolled over some very large logs today that I would not have even attempted on my 26" bike. The bike just rolled over them so smoothly like they were a quarter the size.

Twisty technical stuff - I struggled through these areas but then again I am always crap at that type of stuff so maybe it was just me.

Uphill - No better or worse for me so far.

Water bars - Who said you cannot jump a 29'er?? I must have gotten about 2" of air at one time off one of the water bars!!! :D

Another thing that I realised was how much I missed my SS bike. My Surly has been dismantled for several weeks so I have not been able to ride an SS since a recent 6 hour event. This new bike will get some km's on it pretty quickly i think.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You're right, a little mud and dust gives the bike a "real" look to it :)
Next steps:
-shorten those hydros
-park it somewhere else than next to the bin ... somebody is going to think they can take it

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moclan said:
You're right, a little mud and dust gives the bike a "real" look to it :)
Next steps:
-shorten those hydros
-park it somewhere else than next to the bin ... somebody is going to think they can take it
Will do on the hydros.
Just waiting for my bleed kit to arrive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.