Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the Ventana El Ciclon & Titus FTM are for sale on some pretty deep discounts, but I really don't know much on either. I understand with the FTM you will inherit a company that is is barely alive, but still seems like a nice bike. The Ventana seems like kind of an older suspension design, but older sometimes doesn't mean worse. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I read a blurb in the February MB Action about Titus closing up shop. It said they had officially shut down and were in the process of liquidating assets. If I were you, I would take a very cautious approach to buying a Titus bike, as there is no word about warranty support or replacement parts.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
There is no comparison! Look at all of the threads about broken FTMs. Look at the mentioning of lateral FLEX.

Ventana bikes are hand-made and finished in shop in the USA. The linkage actuated single pivot is proven and reliable and STIFF. The bike will be active climbing and descending. I have a Terremoto and love it.

·
the WALKING DEAD
229 Posts
+1 with what characterzero said. Don't underestimate the value of a lateraly stiff frame. Also, I like the geometry of the El Ciclon over the FTM.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
The Guapo is actually a much better bike. With a 140/150mm fork, it steepens up the HTA but also the slacker STA. If not the Guapo, I'd steer away from the FTM. I know a few people that bought them and dumped them shortly after. I have no info to give about Ventana.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts