Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mal Abogado
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on a El Ciclon 69'er conversion?

I converted my "back up" bike, a 2006 Trance 0, into a 69'er. Love it! Very different from my main ride [Titus Motolite], but I love the big wheel down hill and running over stuff. A 69'er won't be my main ride, but it's really a blast to ride it and it makes for a super fun back up bike.

But... I need more rear travel as I am aggressive trail rider [love the technicals]. Also, I note a little unsteady tracking on the uphill. Downhill the rear end tends to swing out a bit. [I hope a longer wheelbase will cure that?]

So... I'm thinking about a medium El Ciclon 69'er conversion [El Ciclon is spot on with current main bike's dimensions]. And the worst thing that happens is I convert it back to a bad-a**, full-on 26'er. :devil:

Any thoughts on my possible new 69'er conversion? Thank you.

Cheers!

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
OK...so are you in the market for a new frame? Or do you already have a Ciclon laying around you want to play with?

If you're looking at a new frame, look no further than the El Chucho. Same thing as a Ciclon, but with corrected geometry for the 29er in the front.

I have one, and LOVE that fricking bike. It has surpassed my gen. 1 Bruja in all around-ability from a fat guy race bike to an all day downieville crusher.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.