Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bike Shop Girl
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
650b.com is doing a review of a El Bastardo. With some help from Kirk with a loaner fork I was able to get the beauty built tonight to ride it tomorrow. Enjoy some photos for now and please post yours going forward!

(The build is not complete or exactly right for me yet. The seat needs to be lower and I have a higher rise bar and better platforms in the mail now)

·
Bike Shop Girl
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
madnessmoose said:
How's she handle with the Velvet R. The X-fusion fork would make an El Bastardo much more attainable for me.
On a 7 mile loop last night it handled very well. I need to put a slightly longer stem on it so the cockpit isn't as tight but the fork made it very stable.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice looking V, what size is it? Looks like about an 18" frame. I got a 650b Pacenti steel hard tail on the way, but I plan to build a Bastardo around Fall this year. The last five frames I've had where Vs, so I'm really interested in hearing more about the Bastardo!

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
The 650b wheels look just right in size for off road full suspension.

Great looking bike! Although I'm not a fan of the "white is the new black" trend, but I'll probably get used to it and go with white just when some other color becomes the "new white".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Competitive cyclist did a review on thissame bike a while back with a SWEET build kit on it. They had a great write up on it too in their "what's new" section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.