Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, read that Competitive review......very interesting. I'm aware of the two prototypes that were built Sherwoods and Kirks but I also read somewhere that the production geometry is different then the protos. So I'm searching for more production frame feedback and configurations.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dieselcruiserhead said:
Ventana section "Cat's out of the bag" thread, geometry posted there. It is also accurate on the competitive site.
Yeah, I think I started that thread. When I first heard about 650B the first thing that came to mind was I wonder if Ventana will be offering a 650B bike. I e-mailed Sherwood which he replied....yeah, sorta! Then it was revealed. Now the production frames have been available for a couple of months........I'm looking for customer impressions/feedback. I've read all the old threads on mtbr.com.....

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
Yeah, I think I started that thread. When I first heard about 650B the first thing that came to mind was I wonder if Ventana will be offering a 650B bike. I e-mailed Sherwood which he replied....yeah, sorta! Then it was revealed. Now the production frames have been available for a couple of months........I'm looking for customer impressions/feedback. I've read all the old threads on mtbr.com.....
I am not one for wordy bike reports / reviews, but I can say I have been thrilled with my El Bastardo.

Truth is I am more of a hard tail guy, so 5" of travel has taken some adjustment to my riding style. That being said the thing rocks. Anytime the descents get steep and fast I get a huge grin, get off the brakes and think "let 'er eat!".

Seriously, this thing feels so good a DH speed it's all I want to do. My climbing technique needs a lot of work; as I said I mostly ride hard tails, but that is changing fast. I can easily this being my go to, everyday bike, I like it that much. I could probably get away with a 4" rocker for most of the riding I do, but for now 5" is working great.

I should also mention the Fluid 130 is a super smooth fork. I have been pretty happy with it too.

Cheers,

KP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.