Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timwoody said:
there wasn't a cloud in the sky:
:madman: That would have been nice; all in all it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Considering the rain we have been experiencing. A few light sprinkles and a little chilly in the open areas. But all in all a very pleasant ride, it was great to finally take in the scenery as opposed to finding your next line.

·
Diaskeuast
575 Posts
bad-karma said:
When does it get to the point when you guys cant get out on the trails due to the snow/temperatures?
That's a dangerous question among the crowd that occupies this forum. Maybe you should read some of last winter's posts. ;)

·
Wood chips are stupid
779 Posts
Winter time in Alaska

A lot of us ride all year up here in Alaska. Our winter is pretty long, so we have the incentive to set up winter capable bikes. Fat rims and tires,studs,racks and platform pedals are the most commom deformities. The best way to dress is light layers. Others set up trainers in their garages. But, by the time Feburary rolls around, their eyes are glossed over and they have severe acne. Fall is the best riding IMO. There is a period that the trails are not fit to ride on. Thats when we break out the slicks/road bikes.

akdeluxe

·
Registered
11 Posts
We dont really have that problem in uk, it just goes from wet to wetter, just makes you appreciate the summer more.

What are the trails like? Are they footpaths/bridalways or do you just carve your own?

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Adam said:
Never

See:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=175581

and many other posts on this forum.

Adam
Adam, just read your post from the link above. Without a doubt, the best post I read on MTBR....... To get to that stage of thought and clarity is a sensational feeling...... Really listening to ones soul.......................I fart more though, would be too tiring being in that state constantly.... So awesome post.... Cheers............:thumbsup:

·
Living the Dream
1,783 Posts
That is so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts