Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
The Candy SL's will hold up fine, however I switched from the Candy to Time because the Crank Bros pedals release if you hit them on anything (The X series Times will do this too, but the Alium's and ROC's will not). I have lots of log crossings so keeping my foot retained in the pedal is critical.

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
I rode Crank Bros of all varieties for three years. Here's my review: they suck. I broke five spindles overall (four in under two years at the end), three springs and bent two wings to the point the pedal was not usable. This was with Mallets, Candy's and Eggbeaters. My "big" bike, 'cross and SS. I've since switched back to Shimano this Summer.

Brock...

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
ImaKlyde said:
I rode Crank Bros of all varieties for three years. Here's my review: they suck. I broke five spindles overall (four in under two years at the end), three springs and bent two wings to the point the pedal was not usable. This was with Mallets, Candy's and Eggbeaters. My "big" bike, 'cross and SS. I've since switched back to Shimano this Summer.

Brock...
X eleventy billion , XT's for me .

·
Corn Fed Iowan in Arkansa
15 Posts
Been riding the last six months of Crank Brothers Candy C on all sorts of surfaces, even some weekly cyclo cross rides.

Being six foot five and 300 plus, i put a lot of weight and torque on these pedals and they can take the beating.

I like the platform on them, little more space for weight distribution I believe.

AGR

·
Disgruntled Peccary
4,078 Posts
ImaKlyde said:

Brock...
I switched back to Shimano's a week or so back.. when I snapped a spindle on a 6mo old Candy... at 225 I'm not exactly heavily on the clyde end

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
I've got a set of Eggbeaters, used them for a couple of years. Seem to hold up fine to my fat butt in this terrain. I switched back to my Aliums simply because I really need a platform, and I didn't feel like spending $110 on another set of pedals I didn't need. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.