Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody help me out.

My right Twin Ti egg beater seems to have play in it, a lot too! Basically the main mechanism in which the cleat engages with seems to be moving from left to right on the Spindle.

I have tried to tighten the pedal body on the spindle but it seems to be not working.

Has anyone got an Idea what is wrong. The bushing, bearings and rubber seal are new. Perhaps the bushing is installed wrong?

If anyone has any idea/experience/hints or tips, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Trevor!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Trevor! said:
Can somebody help me out.

My right Twin Ti egg beater seems to have play in it, a lot too! Basically the main mechanism in which the cleat engages with seems to be moving from left to right on the Spindle.

I have tried to tighten the pedal body on the spindle but it seems to be not working.

Has anyone got an Idea what is wrong. The bushing, bearings and rubber seal are new. Perhaps the bushing is installed wrong?

If anyone has any idea/experience/hints or tips, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Trevor!
Hi Trevor,
It sounds like you recently rebuilt your eggs. I had to rebuild mine as well...the left pedal bearing had disintegrated. When I put them back together I noticed they were not quite right. (left pedal) Upon disassembly and further inspection I found a small piece of the previous bearing in there...took something like an ice pick to get it out. Rebuilt the eggs and they are doing fine. The bushing should fit snugly inside the pedal body and also check that you have completely removed the old bushing...I am betting on something being left in from the previous build. Good luck!

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bghtn said:
Hi Trevor,
It sounds like you recently rebuilt your eggs. I had to rebuild mine as well...the left pedal bearing had disintegrated. When I put them back together I noticed they were not quite right. (left pedal) Upon disassembly and further inspection I found a small piece of the previous bearing in there...took something like an ice pick to get it out. Rebuilt the eggs and they are doing fine. The bushing should fit snugly inside the pedal body and also check that you have completely removed the old bushing...I am betting on something being left in from the previous build. Good luck!
Thanks for the help.

I had a look but to no avail I could not see any bits of old bushing or any general grime. I will see what else could be the problem..

Perhaps the LBS may have ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.