Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hardtail has a reach of about 450. HA 66.5, ETT 633, STA 72 (no idea if that is actual or effective, but it is lightly curved for tire clearance). It fits me like a glove for all around riding.

Got a hardtail frame coming at some point. The reach is much longer at 475, but the ETT length is shorter than my current bike at 625. A lot of this is due to the 77 STA. It also has much shorter chain stays.

I can't ride it first. I'm a little concerned about the reach and don't want a limo. I can't help but think that the reach may be tempered by the seat tube angle while seated. Should I be concerned with the extended reach or will the seat tube balance things out? Any general thoughts or riding impressions of a substantially steeper ST?

FWIW, never heard a bad word about this particular frame, so I guess they are doing something right from a geo perspective.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it is wait and see then. Right now I have a 45mm stem on my bike, and have a 35mm slated for this build so that could help a bit. I am trying to avoid what TwoTone describes, I don't like a lot of weight on my hands/wrists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.