Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

I'm building my first wheelset (I figure everybody has to try this once)! It's going to use a front/rear XT-756 with a Mavic 819 disc rim.

I'm having troubles finding 16mm nipples here in Canada (as recommended by Mavic). From what I can tell, I should have no problems building with 14mm long nipples. I'm building with a 3 cross and figure I require 256mm and 255mm spokes (spocalc.xls).

Anybody have any comments?

Thanks in advance, Steve

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
sburany said:
Hi there...

I'm building my first wheelset (I figure everybody has to try this once)! It's going to use a front/rear XT-756 with a Mavic 819 disc rim.

I'm having troubles finding 16mm nipples here in Canada (as recommended by Mavic). From what I can tell, I should have no problems building with 14mm long nipples. I'm building with a 3 cross and figure I require 256mm and 255mm spokes (spocalc.xls).

Thanks in advance, Steve
14 mm nipples work just fine.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
sburany said:
Hi there...

Thanks in advance, Steve
Like Shiggy said, 14mm is fine and I've even done them with normal 12mm nipples with no problems. Those spoke numbers seem short though. QBP's calc program comes up with 258 and 259. Might want to double check those numbers against at least one other program.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts