Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the Lap feature on the Garmin Edge 305. I tried mine out for the first time yesterday and after a 10 mile ride I ended up with 4 "laps". I had the auto-lap set to "off" so I don't know why I had any laps at all. I'd prefer not to have my ride split up into different laps but don't know how to stop it. I can't find anything in the instructions so I figured I'd ask here. Any advice?

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
You are accidentally touching the "Lap" button on the unit and it does that. I have it happen frequently when I place things on the bar during stops. Usually it is from resting my Camelbak on the handlebar when I did something out of it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 305 does the same thing. I can hear it beep (lap sound) while I'm riding and nothing is anywhere near the unit. I'm not riding slow or anything like that.... ???

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Purs,
Its possible that yours is set to record "laps" at a specified distance. When training, I have mine set up to give me a new "lap" every mile, so I can compare my speeds, hr, etc, based on distance traveled as well as time.

I don't recall how to change the setting, but its fairly simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts