Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the ECOSSE Heretic with intricate machining of Grade-5 (6Al4V) titanium billets: head tube, bottom bracket and rear dropouts.
Logos carefully machined into the titanium – no stickers.
Hand worked: tube fitment, TIG welded, finished.
“2nd Moment of Inertia” design principle used throughout – means an oversize look (not overweight) and a significant increase in strength, stiffness and torsion.
All mountain durability at cross country weight:
Large size weighs 3.25 to 3.5 lbs depending on customer’s desired riding style.
Spectacular head tube (your words not mine) designed around Cane Creek’s top-line 110 ZS headset.
Integrated rear “post-mount” caliper mounting, built around Formula’s R1 brake caliper, eliminates extra brackets for increased response and performance.
Replaceable 7075-T6 aluminum rear derailleur hanger.
Designed for technical trail riding, yet perfectly at home cruising the concrete jungle.
Available in standard sizes or as a complete custom fit (quoted per requirements).

This is a super limited edition thing only like 25 are being made....

They make motorcycle's mainly http://www.ecossemoto.com/

Attachments

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I dont even want to know what it costs . That thing is a work of art .

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MABman said:
Those brown rings by the welds look very sketchy.
these photos were shot after welding pre-polishing of the frame... the guy who weld's these, welds the frames for 120k titanium motorcycles so wouldn't be to worried

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
SlowerThenSnot said:
the guy who weld's these, welds the frames for 120k titanium motorcycles so wouldn't be to worried
I write and sell 120k software. Tell me it does not have bugs.. ;)

Nice frame.

·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
Beautiful.

But oversize tubes, being more thin, are more prone to dents. Yes, even titanium. They should correct this marketing gimlick.

I like the postmout in the rear

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
"All Mountain durability at Cross Country weight"

Whole thing reeks of marketing desperation. Dropouts are interesting.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know I can't afford it, but are there any other details available? Like geometry? Fits how large a tire? How about a better picture of the brake mount? Geared only I assume?

I've never cared much about motorcycles, but I think one of those would be in my lottery purchase queue.

·
Registered
845 Posts
You just can't get a break on this forum. No matter what you post at least half or more of the responses will be negative. Personally, I think it's beautiful. The rear drops, head tube and BB are amazing. I'd love top see more photos and a frame price.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I agree. Too many arm chair engineers/critics/wanna be's.

I'd love to see more[and better/bigger] pics. I wanna see the disc mount.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,286 Posts
Tough crowd.

At least it's not another, "tell me I'm cool because I just bought a Vassago, do you think BB7's would be okay for a 29er, will this tire make my bike look fat?" Post.:p

More pics dude. Love ti, and that's obviously a machinist's exercise in how cool can I make a bike (and no, there's nothing wrong with that...). A few close ups are good, but we like to get the bigger picture as well. Agreed as well, less marketing massage fluff, more geometry, tire fit, built dirty pics, etc etc. You know, the truly salient features:thumbsup:

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when Don

Sends me more pics i'll post them...

I think they are looking for 5400 on this run of 25... I guess they are working with i-9, fourmula, sram, rockshox on some custom done parts, if 5400 for the frame isn't spendy enough

i've got the picture as big as mtbr well allow :)

Yup you post anything on mtbr and 1/2 the responses well be negative... Thought it was interesting and different enough to post on here...And no twisted downtubes (fugly!) I've Hung with Don In denver alot ether over coffee and or whiskey....Cool cat who enjoys playing with Titanium & carbon fiber

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
SlowerThenSnot said:
Yup you post anything on mtbr and 1/2 the responses well be negative... Thought it was interesting and different enough to post on here...And no twisted downtubes (fugly!) I've Hung with Don In denver alot ether over coffee and or whiskey....Cool cat who enjoys playing with Titanium & carbon fiber
As an old CNC guy myself, gotta say that is beautiful, and is likely to stay that way when it's dirty. Please do bring more details as they develop. Carbon, Ti, coffee, whisky - all elements of a successful MTB life style.

Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

·
recognize the slowness
482 Posts
I like it, same old story, never have it though.

Oh well

1 - 20 of 58 Posts