Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone use the Eclipse tubeless tire system ?
I spotted some at a really "retarted" price and I'm
tempted to give it a try .

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I just mounted a pair to some Mavic X717's yesterday they are brilliant, they seal better than the other UST rims I've tried XM819 and are really easy to mount.

So far so good, I say go get a set!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I use the Eclipse system in my DT rims (DT licences Eclipses kit and rebadges it as their own for the 4.1 and 5.1 rims) and ive had very good experience with it.
Using a UST will give you better results with lower pressures and will keep the tire tighter on the rim.
I dont have to use sealant, it just makes things messier, and it works without.
Im guessing with the 717s that you may have better results with some tires than others.
Good luck
wil

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Deciding on sealant

Little Willy said:
I use the Eclipse system in my DT rims (DT licences Eclipses kit and rebadges it as their own for the 4.1 and 5.1 rims) and ive had very good experience with it.
Using a UST will give you better results with lower pressures and will keep the tire tighter on the rim.
I dont have to use sealant, it just makes things messier, and it works without.
Im guessing with the 717s that you may have better results with some tires than others.
Good luck
wil
I just ordered the DT system for my DT XR4.1 rims, and am trying to decide on whether or not to use sealant. I also ordered UST Conti Veritical Pros, which I am told is one of the easier models to mount. How often do you need to re-inflate your tires without sealant?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts