Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have been off the board for a while and have returned full of spit fire and ignorance. What is this EBB (pic)? I have a solid Bushnell EBB in my Zona TET. It works fine but it is HEAVY. I bought it about 3 years ago.

What is the latest state of EBB product development? Is there something lighter and better that would fit into my BB shell??

Can someone please enlighten a brother?

·
b-boy
103 Posts
donkekus said:
Gotta ask SS Jerry... it's his. It's off a Piss Off. Its' nice. I want.
well, you can send your ebb shell to jeff jones, and he can drill the shell out to take a few grams out it. this doesn't work with bushnell, only pinch bolt and set-screw ebbs. as far as i know, that is really the latest "state of the art high-tech singlespeed technology". (oxymoron?) here's another picture from mr. jones' website. that's all i know...can somebody correct me if i'm wrong?

·
Registered
650 Posts
You couldn't use a Phil EBB in your shell as this needs set screws. I personaly don't like the Idea of exposed setscrews and an EBB drilled out like the Jones would fill up with mud in the real world (UK)

I think the MK3 Bushnell may be a little lighter and that should fit straight in your current shell.

P::..

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
nightfire said:
You couldn't use a Phil EBB in your shell as this needs set screws. I personaly don't like the Idea of exposed setscrews and an EBB drilled out like the Jones would fill up with mud in the real world (UK)

I think the MK3 Bushnell may be a little lighter and that should fit straight in your current shell.

P::..
Set screws and pinch bolts work fine in the mud. The drilled out insert would collect mud. I would cover the holes with aluminum stove pipe tape.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Drilled out Ebb insert....

I thought I better jump in here and fill in the gaps....

That is my Ebb insert. I have two inserts drilled out for both of my SS sleds.

Originally, the insert had but one set of holes for adjustments. Jeff added his creative touch and drilled out a set of holes that removed some 50 grams and added a look of grace to the BB area.

Jeff Jones did drill it out, but the holes do not go all the way through, they stop short. Mud may collect in these holes somewhat, but will not interfer with the operation of the BB. I did not have the center section of the insert drilled out as in the Jeff Jones picture above.

The BB is a Phil Wood integrated model and the center section is sealed up so anything that might have gotten in, would not affect the bearings.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. Jeff Jones does immaculate work and his turn around time is very quick.

That for posting the picture, I love that space age look....

JS

·
'Calm Down'
851 Posts
I think you're looking for info on the Bushnell Gen III Eccentric. Check out this thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=32801

As others have stated, the photo you posted is of a Phil Pinch Bolt EBB and will not work on your TET frame.

jw

DAS said:
I have been off the board for a while and have returned full of spit fire and ignorance. What is this EBB (pic)? I have a solid Bushnell EBB in my Zona TET. It works fine but it is HEAVY. I bought it about 3 years ago.

What is the latest state of EBB product development? Is there something lighter and better that would fit into my BB shell??

Can someone please enlighten a brother?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts