Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EBX, FM & anyone else in SEA..........Lets ride!

Fellas,

I'm not starting work until 1.3.06, so I've got most of this week to ride.

So where we riding at? I'll have to borrow a lamp though. :D

I went to SST this morning and had a little fun.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
E, give me a shout.

Merry X-mas to you and yours, E!! Welcome to the wet and zany PNW. The weather's looking like total shite, but I have the day off on Monday and would really like to get out tomorrow. You up for a cruise in the rain? If so, give me a shout and we'll hook up.

Leo, I'm not 100% sure if I'm riding tomorrow, but I'd really like to and my dogs need a ride before they go frickin' nuts. You got a number that you're reachable at??

EB

·
Registered
439 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Merry X-mas to you and yours, E!! Welcome to the wet and zany PNW. The weather's looking like total shite, but I have the day off on Monday and would really like to get out tomorrow. You up for a cruise in the rain? If so, give me a shout and we'll hook up.

Leo, I'm not 100% sure if I'm riding tomorrow, but I'd really like to and my dogs need a ride before they go frickin' nuts. You got a number that you're reachable at??

EB
Sure, 505-681-5731
Leo

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Welcome to Seattle and happy holidays! ;)

I have fam in town so I'm out for tomorrow. I might be able to swing a daytime quickie wednesday, friday or saturday. Also, first break of decent weather (or snow) we get in january, I'll be looking to get a few high-quality rides in...

this warm wet weather suxxx tho- Not worth blowing my kitchen passes on.

Eric, PM me your phone #'s!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
FM said:

I have fam in town so I'm out for tomorrow. I might be able to swing a daytime quickie wednesday, friday or saturday. Also, first break of decent weather (or snow) we get in january, I'll be looking to get a few high-quality rides in...

I downloaded the Quick Time7 to view your videos, but I am having a hard time opening up the files on Apple to view them, any suggestions? Also, what kind of helmet/camera set-up are you using? I just got the Samsung Sportscamcorder with helmet cam and have been experimenting with it a bit.

Thanks, jon.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FM said:

Check your PMs holmez.

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Yo, E., welcome,

I ride with the crew as well. Soon as this futt-bucking rain lay's low we'll get in a night ride. I've got a couple extra lights I can throw in.

FM, EB, FYI, D. Pt.'s 1/16" closer to becoming the next south-north shore. We'll see how long it lasts. "Baby steps, Marie, baby steps."

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Wicked, Hope you like them!

Make sure you are downloading the videos prior to opening them:
On a PC, right-click on the download icon and select "save target as".
On a mac, Ctrl-click on the download icon and select "save link as".
Then you can choose where to save the videos (i.e. desktop), and open them from there. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

I'm also using a samsung! I use iMovie on a G4 mac for editing. It took some experimenting to figure out the aiming and tricks for the camera- I bought a second battery for it ($12 on eBay) and a 1gb card, and I make sure to have both batteries fully charged before big rides. Goo dluck with the camera, let me know if you have any questions about it. I am hoping one of my buddies will pick up another one this year so I'll have more footage to work with!

jgusta said:
I downloaded the Quick Time7 to view your videos, but I am having a hard time opening up the files on Apple to view them, any suggestions? Also, what kind of helmet/camera set-up are you using? I just got the Samsung Sportscamcorder with helmet cam and have been experimenting with it a bit.

Thanks, jon.

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Full-facial grab! :D

D. does drain well. I just added a little something out there on Sat., so it's got that going for it. Worth the drive? I don't know, but you'd be looking at a 2+ hour ride. Very fun and flowy at night. However, I'd say it's more of a social ride. I'd put it in one category lower than TofP.

FM said:
Dig the new avatar!

Do you think it's worth the drive from north seattle for a night ride?

I'm open.... especially if it drains well!
</sl4yer>

·
Lets ride
129 Posts
Is it still raining?

Yo, not to rub it in, but it was like 80d today and no clouds in the big FL. There is only about 100 ft. of elev. so i am not even thinking about renting a bike, but the weather is soooo nice. I guess i will see ya all in about two weeks. I will post pics of the beach in a few days. :)

L

<sL4yEr>RuLz said:
Full-facial grab! :D

D. does drain well. I just added a little something out there on Sat., so it's got that going for it. Worth the drive? I don't know, but you'd be looking at a 2+ hour ride. Very fun and flowy at night. However, I'd say it's more of a social ride. I'd put it in one category lower than TofP.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
It was perfect weather here yesterday also. The sun came out and it warmed up to 38 or so. Last night it froze and then snowed some on the hills so it would be another perfect day today for a snow ride. My Dr. and my knee are saying no riding up hills. I did manage a 10 mile level ride. Hopefully the rain takes a break later this week.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
yeah it's like 80d & dry here too! So I'm riding tonight. (on my trainer)

I have been laughing everyday as I look at the stuff outside my house. It's been so wet that algae is growing on everything. I don't thinky my yard has seen a dry day in 3 weeks now.

bog-one said:
Yo, not to rub it in, but it was like 80d today and no clouds in the big FL. There is only about 100 ft. of elev. so i am not even thinking about renting a bike, but the weather is soooo nice. I guess i will see ya all in about two weeks. I will post pics of the beach in a few days. :)

L

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
bog-one said:

L
Nice! It's been the wettest we've seen it here in a while. Say hi to Crocket and Tubbs for me.... :D

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Seatac was ok yesterday.

EIO, G-money and I hooked up for an afternoon session at the Flowpark yesterday once the rain had subsided for a couple of hours. Things were a bit slimy up top, but the lower half was fine and the jumps were in mostly good shape. It didn't rain the entire time we were there which is a mini-miracle considering how hard the rains have been the last week.

L, you've missed nothing here. It's been too warm to get decent snow in the hills and it's been p!ssing outside so the trails have been mucky. I'm starting to go stir crazy. Have fun in the sun.

Chers,
EB

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ebxtreme said:
EIO, G-money and I hooked up for an afternoon session at the Flowpark yesterday once the rain had subsided for a couple of hours. Things were a bit slimy up top, but the lower half was fine and the jumps were in mostly good shape. It didn't rain the entire time we were there which is a mini-miracle considering how hard the rains have been the last week.

L, you've missed nothing here. It's been too warm to get decent snow in the hills and it's been p!ssing outside so the trails have been mucky. I'm starting to go stir crazy. Have fun in the sun.

Chers,
EB
VP-Free is locked and loaded for the next session and I found out that I still have medical coverage. :D

What ended up being the problem with da Stinky?

No worries about the rain or mud.........I find that a good romp in the PAC NW muck makes my skin soft, smooth and kissable.
Georgia red clay just gave me zits.......

:p :p :p :p

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
e[I said:
o]
What ended up being the problem with da Stinky?
Not sure yet. I'll pull it apart tomorrow night and give it an inspection. I looked at the frame again before hanging the bike up and the headtube looked alright from the outside. That leaves three possibilities: broken headset, bent steerer tube (hard to believe since it's really thick steel) or a crack inside the headtube. I'm guessing the headset is broke since that's the weakest of the three....although it has a steel lower insert to combat precisely just that.

Regardless, I got my other bike, so I shouldn't miss any rides.
eb

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Yo E,

Just pulled my fork off tonight and my steerer tube is bent pretty badly.

Looks like I'll be on the phone with 'Zocchi in the morning. Thankfully they have a service center in North Van now.

EB

ebxtreme said:
Not sure yet. I'll pull it apart tomorrow night and give it an inspection. I looked at the frame again before hanging the bike up and the headtube looked alright from the outside. That leaves three possibilities: broken headset, bent steerer tube (hard to believe since it's really thick steel) or a crack inside the headtube.
eb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.