Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I ride a '06 Scott Scale 20 and I am a little confused as to which brake pads I need for my XT Dual Control hydraulics. I'm planning to get a set of EBC pads, but they list them according to the model numbers for the brakes. I was thinking my XTs are the M765 model, but not entirely sure.

EBC has pads for:

Shimano 755/756
Shimano 965/765/800

Should I get the 765 pads?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
J-san said:
Hello,

I ride a '06 Scott Scale 20 and I am a little confused as to which brake pads I need for my XT Dual Control hydraulics. I'm planning to get a set of EBC pads, but they list them according to the model numbers for the brakes. I was thinking my XTs are the M765 model, but not entirely sure.

EBC has pads for:

Shimano 755/756
Shimano 965/765/800

Should I get the 765 pads?

Thanks.
755/756 are for the older 4 piston xt brakes. If you do a google search you can see a picture of them and confirm its not what you have.

·
Registered
350 Posts
on a different note, what aftermarket pads are resin?? the rotor says resin only, are both the sintered and organic ones resin? or is the sintered = metallic and the organic = resin?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
blahwtf? said:
on a different note, what aftermarket pads are resin?? the rotor says resin only, are both the sintered and organic ones resin? or is the sintered = metallic and the organic = resin?
Well not exactly but your assumptions are close enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.