1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between these two:

http://www.trickstuff.de/index.php?p=d116en1
http://forwardcomponents.blogspot.com/

First, has anyone tried the newest iteration of Forward Components version - the Universal model?

Both the TrIckstar and FC seem to get overall positive reviews. So from a performance perspective (color and weight not considered), is the Exzentriker worth the extra dough? Why or why not?

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
my votes on the forward components if and when the newest square taper version this spring

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm running the Exzentriker which is working good, I have no experience from the FC. It is no rocket science so if you just care about functionality I guess the FC is as good performance vice but for less money. For the Exzentriker you will need a special tool to mount the cups and that is about 15 Euros...

If you consider weight the Exzentriker (at 216g) were a bit lighter then the first FC version.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the Forward Components EBB. I have had it for a couple months and have yet to use it but the design looks really clean and well thought out. It also requires a special tool but FC includes it in the package.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
If you're still looking for a FC EBB, hit me up. I have one that I was using on a project bike only to find out the frame was cracked part way through the build.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've used an Excentriker for getting on for two years now and it's always done the job for me - I've had no problems with slipping or creaking etc. Expensive for what it is though, even though I bought direct and got the fitting tool thrown in for free.

If I was buying now though I'd get the FC one - it seems to be a bit better engineered and probably more durable also. It wasn't available when I was buying - it was the Excentriker or nothing.

·
master blaster
1,149 Posts
ive used the forward comp. ebb for a few months now and am loving it. i didnt tighten down the set screws enough and it slipped on me up a hill at first but since then no issues. i highly recomend it.
and it looks awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts