Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
answering with questions

Not all frames are the same. you might start by contacting the person (or company) who made yours. if you can't do that, at least tell us what your frame is make of....aluminum, steel, or Ti. The configuration of the sets may also differ (do they run radially into the shell or tangentially (shell pinches the BB)). Knowing this basic info may lead to better suggestions from this forum.

Ken

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unit said:
Not all frames are the same. you might start by contacting the person (or company) who made yours. if you can't do that, at least tell us what your frame is make of....aluminum, steel, or Ti. The configuration of the sets may also differ (do they run radially into the shell or tangentially (shell pinches the BB)). Knowing this basic info may lead to better suggestions from this forum.

Ken
Thanks. It's a steel Vulture frame. I sent an e-mail to Wade and am waiting to hear back. The bolts are set screws, so they run radially....not pinch bolt.

Thanks again.

Jon

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I have never seen a hard number.

Make them "snug". More than finger tight. Less than leaning hard on the wrench. It does not take a lot of force to hold the EBB in place.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My..

New2SS said:
Can someone tell me what the torque should be for EBB set screws? I can't seem to find the information anywhere on the internet.

Thank you. :)
Niner One-nine calls for 55in. lbs. it is set-screw type, aluminum, (scandium to be exact)

·
mudnthebloodnthebeer
585 Posts
New2SS said:
Thanks. It's a steel Vulture frame. I sent an e-mail to Wade and am waiting to hear back. The bolts are set screws, so they run radially....not pinch bolt.

Thanks again.

Jon
I use 45 in./lb. on my set-screw Vulture

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.