Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is looking at the possibility of refitting her hardtail into a dedicated singlespeed w/ disc tabs and an EBB. I'm trying to help her out and get a feel for which EBB is a good one to get. Any recommendations would be welcomed. Thankx.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Ebb

My bike uses the Bushnell expanding wedge type EBB.

The original Bushy just plain SUCKED, imo....but them boy's just recently sent me a "new generation" EBB that is nothing less than spectacular! I no longer have to tighten the crap out of it to stop the "creak", and it's 30% lighter!

No more bad talking EBB's by me!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
JRA said:
A friend is looking at the possibility of refitting her hardtail into a dedicated singlespeed w/ disc tabs and an EBB. I'm trying to help her out and get a feel for which EBB is a good one to get. Any recommendations would be welcomed. Thankx.
Though I have not yet received my bike (which will use a PW ecc bb), I am sure I will be highly recommending the Phil Wood. Pretty much anything Phil Wood should be bombproof so I dont see why the eccentric bb will be any different. Call them and ask what they recommend.....just incredible customer service.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 189.75pt; HEIGHT: 142.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title='\\"DSC02868\\"' src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/epoulsen/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_image001.jpg">http://www.philwood.com/webcatolog/pg15.htm</v:imagedata></v:shape>

·
Registered
789 Posts
xrmattaz said:
My bike uses the Bushnell expanding wedge type EBB.

The original Bushy just plain SUCKED, imo....but them boy's just recently sent me a "new generation" EBB that is nothing less than spectacular! I no longer have to tighten the crap out of it to stop the "creak", and it's 30% lighter!

No more bad talking EBB's by me!
My Bushnell (new design) works great... no complaints. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
JRA said:
The two that have been suggested are both great choices. To be honest, I'm not sure if there are any others to recommend, but they are two different types.

The Phil Wood is for set-screw or clamp set-ups, and the Bushnell is an expanding wedge design. I would think the type used would be better determined by the person doing the retrofit. See what they like and recommend, then go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.