Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2nd hand Peace 9'r. It is a very nice bike and I love it but since the first day, the bolts which tighten the EBB are turning loose. I can turn them either side with no effect. I cannot extract them from their location either. I am afraid the tread is dead. What do you think ?
The EBB itself can rotate under a relatively strong torque but with some friction. It was not a real concern to me since I have changed the cog for a 22T and the BB is in the extreme rear position from which it did not move while riding.

Now, I would like to be able to change gear ratio again. Therefore I need to get it fixed. If the EBB can rotate freely, can I just extract it from one side. Am I not going to break anything?
Your advices welcome.
Cheers
Eric

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,325 Posts
Some problems can be diagnosed by reading a description but some are too complex. There are a lot of variables with EBB problems, varying by type (pinch bolt, set screw, internal expanding). You'll either need to be very detailed in your description of what you have and what appears to be broken here (include photos if possible) or just take it to your LBS for troubleshooting.

--Sparty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.