Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already contacted the seller, but I wanted to see what you guys think.

I purchased 4 items via Buy It Now on 2-26.

My Ebay page showed all for items as shipped on 2-28, which I thought was pretty quick.

Today, I get an automated status email from the seller stating that the USPS was notified on 3-4 to expect the package for shipping.

Is that how it usually works? The seller page doesn't give a time from to ship after purchase, so if it was 5 days, that's fine; my issue is more that it was identified as shipped on 2-28, but according to the email I got today, was not actually until 3-4.

This is not a rant post (maybe a teeny bit :D), just wondering if this is standard practice, as I don't buy much on Ebay.

Thanks.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
I would guess the seller just marked the items as shipped on 2-28. Now the seller probably just bought the postage label but still doesn't mean it was shipped until the tracking# shows up. If you click on shipping details it should tell you the time frame. I purchased a few thing between 2-26 and 2-28 and have received most of them already. I would say your seller is slow and I would be angry!!! Just a warning though I have had packages show up before the tracking number ever shows anything.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming that's what happened. The listing clearly stated they take up to 4 business days to ship after payment cleared (which was paid within minutes of purchase). I have no issues with the number of days it took, since it was stated (and I knew it before purchasing). My issue was with the seller (I assume) marking the items as shipped on 2-28, but not actually shipping until 3-4. Because the items were marked as shipped on 2-28, I left positive feedback. If I had known, I just wouldn't have left any feedback...maybe from now on I'll just wait until I get what I ordered.

The seller's response was simply: "THe lead time was specified in the item listing."

As I stated before, this was correct, and I knew it before buying, so there was no "buyer beware" in this case; the issue was the post purchase communication of stating the items had shipped was false.

I don't think it's really worth arguing with the seller, being that they have my money, shipped my product (I'm assuming) and have over 40K feedbacks...so I don't think they really care what one person thinks. However, I won't be buying from them again.

·
Class Clown
3,645 Posts
Well to be fair if it says in the auction it takes up to 4 days to ship I don't think they did anything wrong. If you print out a shipping label on ebay/paypal it automatically adds the tracking # to the item which the buyer can view, doesn't mean it has actually shipped.

It all depends the smaller sellers will usually ship things out right away and communicate more personally, the larger sellers offer low prices and selection.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...I'm not calling them out here, so I don't wanted to bash them. I guess I was more bummed that I didn't get my parts this week, like I thought I might when it said "shipped" on 2-28. I'm sure they won't miss my business with as much product as it seems like they move.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
cru_jones said:
Yeah...I'm not calling them out here, so I don't wanted to bash them. I guess I was more bummed that I didn't get my parts this week, like I thought I might when it said "shipped" on 2-28. I'm sure they won't miss my business with as much product as it seems like they move.
For an individual you I would have to manually go in and click on shipped for each item.

If they are a power seller, I wonder if there is an automated tool that does some of that work for them. If so, might be just a glitch of the system. As long as they were up front about the time to ship, should be no harm no foul.

If they had provided bogus tracking info (it has happened), then let loose the dogs.

JmZ

·
Class Clown
3,645 Posts
JmZ said:
For an individual you would have to manually go in and click on shipped for each item.

JmZ
That's not necessarily true either. I sell things sometimes and print my own shipping labels via paypal. It then automatically puts a tracking# with the item on ebay. If you click it, it says "Electronic shipping info received", and then updates further as it gets sorted and sent around the country. I'll then send them a personal message usually the next day when I actually ship it.

For a power seller like them they definitely have an automated system to handle that volume.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Above fixed. I don't sell enough on there to use most of the EBay tools, and each new tool seems to have a new charge that goes with it.

When I'm clearing out the garage and basement, there isn't that much $$ to start with.

JmZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.