Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm how far behind?
571 Posts
anything posted on ebay with directions on how to pay that requires an off ebay transaction is a scam. I would bet that if you emailed them for the payment procedure it would involve a moneygram of somesorts.

Jim

·
Registered
294 Posts
Soloracer said:
anything posted on ebay with directions on how to pay that requires an off ebay transaction is a scam.
That is 100% correct. I have seen countless sellers that have instructions that say "You must contact us before you bid" and they aren't just saying that if you have 0 or negative feedback. Usually scammers are from foreign countries (ie Spain, UK, etc) but not exclusivley. I actually sent one of them an e-amil and asked "what's the catch", just to see what they would say. The e-mail they responded with said how "this is the starting price, not the final price..."...so I sent another e-mail that told them something to the tune of: "I hope you have fun in jail once you get caught", and the e-mail they responded to that was the same exact e-mail I had first recieved...just be careful

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Invalid Item
This listing (5968071031) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Items that ended more than 90 days ago are no longer accessible through the eBay system.

·
Professional Nerd
298 Posts
My old room mate bought a brand new, never assembled Blur on ebay a few months ago. it arrived at his house with no rear triangle...

After trying to follow up with the seller...he found that they canceled their ebay account after selling a few dozen Blurs.

A few days later he gets a call from a police officer that informs him that he bought a stolen frame. Turns out these guys broke into the Santa Cruz factory and stole a bunch of Blurs that weren't completely assembled yet. The police reimbursed my friend, but they warned him that many many many more Blurs were stolen and will inevitably probably end up on ebay.

Happy bidding!

-Danimal

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I alerted Ebay to this guy and they deleted his account and all 365 items he was scamming. So I do another search for "Blur 4X" and whada know,, the guys back in buisness scamming 369 items under a different name, same exact items and adds. So I allert Ebay again, same results. But wait! That's not all! The joker does it again under a different user name! Persistant bastard!! So I ask Ebay how come they cant keep up with this guy, still waiting on their response. O, I also send the scammer emails asking if he will sell C.O.D.,, no response.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I almost got suckered in by that guy on a Scalpel 3000. Yeah, I'm an idiot. I just did another ebay search for it, and it comes up under "children's toys" or something. Last time it was gardening. I've alerted ebay about him 4 or 5 times, but I guess they're really not that on top of stuff. If you email him, he'll send you the address of a western union... I mapquested it and it's on the train tracks in Queens. My favourite is his list of other items... all high end bikes and electronics. What a tool.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I found a scammer the other day for a Blur. Not e-bay, but the for sale section on this board. Brand new, 5 rides old, all XT and Fox parts. Price was $1300. Too good to resist, we e-mailed back and forth a bunch, then when i mentioned I would be paying via Paypal, no more responses.
Funny thing was I went back to look for the guys ad and it was gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.