Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issues with this that you all see?:skep: Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160078571193&rd=1&rd=1

[PASTED FROM EBAY]

Frame 2006 Rush Si, 110mm, (With Enduro Sealed Bearings in swingarm pivot)
Fork Lefty Speed Carbon FOX TerraLogic TT, 110 mm
Rear Shock FOX Float RP3
Crank Cannondale Si Hollowgram, 22/32/44
Bottom Bracket Cannondale Hollowgram Si (With brand new Enduro Sealed Bearings)
Front Derailleur Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur SRAM X-0
Stem Cannondale XC3 HeadShok, 31.8 mm, 120mm
Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si (With Enduro Sealed Bearings)
Colors Siemens Team Replica (gloss) (REP)
Size Large (18.9" seat tube)

This frame is in excellent shape. All the bearings in the frame (headset, bottom bracket, and main pivot) have been replaced with Enduro bearings, and the BB bearings have no miles on them at all. I rode the frame and fork from July through October, so it is in very good shape. There are some scratches, the most significant being underneath the BB shell where the paint was scratched from the chain being dropped. The other major paint scratch is where the seat collar goes on, the paint was very flaky here and when the collar was put on, the paint flaked off. Also, the rear swingarm was replaced in August due to the first generation of swingarms having a mysterious creaking noise coming from them, so the swingarm is newer than the front triangle. The Fox RP3 was also rebuilt in August, and all seals and oil was replaced. There is no scoring on the shaft and it functions perfectly and doesn't leak air. The front shock has the Fox Inertia Valve, and works amazing, by far the best Lefty they have made -- I wish they could keep doing it with Fox. I had my Cannondale Representative replace the oil in August as well, so it is freshly rebuilt, and the needle bearings have been lubed and had the boot pulled down and cleaned and relubed. As far as the derailleurs go, they both work perfectly. The rear derailleur has a small amount of play in it, but it still works perfectly and shifted spot on. The front derailler has no play and works perfectly as well. The cranks do have some scratches on them, but nothing huge and work great. The chainrings have about 2000 miles on them, the most worn being the middle and outer rings. I am selling them with the bike just because I won't be using them on my new bike, but the small ring is barely used, and the middle and big rings still have plenty of life left in them, but do show a good amount of use.

The frame warranty is lifetime, and Cannondale is very good about honoring this, so if you have qualms about buying a used bike that has seen some use, don't worry because you will not be left with no options if you have any problems down the road.
See high quality pictures here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160078571193&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looks altogether pretty honest, with many detailed pictures of all angles of the frame. It's also a good sign that he is straight up about all of the major scratches. I'd go for it if I had the money and didn't already have two Rushes. :)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
besides this, you mean?

this part is questionable, other than that, looks ok to me.

"The frame warranty is lifetime, and Cannondale is very good about honoring this, so if you have qualms about buying a used bike that has seen some use, don't worry because you will not be left with no options if you have any problems down the road."

Cannondale (as well as ALL others) only offer the warranty to the origial owner. THey are under no obligation to the next owner, other than possibly offering a crash replacement. THat being said, it really depends on the relationship that the shop (that handles your warranty claim if needed) has with Cannondale, and so on.

As long as you understand this, and accept it, go for it. Call the seller, ask for lots off details, including pics not already offered, and LISTEN to your gut.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Too bad I don't have the money and it's not in my size, because that is a great deal with the Hollowgram cranks. It's also in Fairfax, which is not that far away from me. I agree with Damion and overlooked the warranty part. However, if it ever should break Cdale may be gracious enough to offer the crash replacement or frame trade-in, which gives you a substantial discount on a new frame. It all depends on the shop's standing with Cdale, how nice their Cdale rep is, and how nice Cdale is. With that said, though, from the pics it looks like it's in really good condition and Cdale's are really well made.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Just FYI we are doing the deal for $1300 which seems about right as the Si frames are a little less popular and the Lefty Fox TT which is quite unpopular.

I agree about the local dealer being the key and I have no expectation of cdale honoring the warranty, but of course I would try. I really want to support my LBS. I went in to try to by a Rush frame to replace my Scapel and they would not sell me one. They said the only way to get one was to buy a low end Rush. I then went to another LBS in California and they turned to the price book and said it would cost $1000 and they would have it in a week. I then asked my LBS the cost for a Rush Carbon 1. They said MSRP because it was so new. No discount. Even at 10% off of MSRP on a 5k bike they must do great. I *really* don't need it amyway so all is well. Now that I am getting a bike with a Lefty instead of just the frame II can keep my Scalpel and build up the Rush complete if I can figure out how to explain it to my wife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.