Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to list a frame i need to sell on ebay, and ive been writing up the listing and was just wondering what sort of things i need to say.

i'll give a quick run down of what ive mentioned thus far

what frame it is
size/travel/tubing
what the rear shock is, its adjustments
colour
condition
BB size, its disc specific, headtube and seatpost size.
things included with frame
that questions, measurements or more pictures as welcomed.

have i missed anything i need to mention? trying to be as upfront and informative as possible.

cheers :thumbsup:

·
Banned
462 Posts
You want to mention any blemishes that may be on the bike.

Year, make, model pretty basic stuff.

And please don't write your life story.

Most people can get the rest of the manufacturers website. Too much info makes my eyes sore.

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah what, no auto biography :p

ok here is what ive written, this sound ok? btw this isnt spamming i swear lol

Up for sale is this 17” 04 Kona Coiler Dee-lux frame

The tubing is Kona Clump 7005 Aluminium and gives 5” of travel

Rear shock is a Vanilla Rc, this shock is 200mm eye to eye with a 50mm stroke, and is fitted with a 500lb spring. This shock offers rebound and compression adjustments, it also features Pro-Pedal to reduce pedal bob on climbs.

Colour is matte black with grey graphics.

Frame has had minimal use, no dents, no dings or cracks, only the usual chain slap on the swing arm. There’s no play in any of the bearings and the shock operates smoothly.

Also included with the frame, will be a complete Cane Creek headset including the crown race, as well as the seat-post clamp.

Any questions, requests for pictures or measurements welcomed.

Note only the frame is for sale, complete bike pictured is just to show what it looks like built. Postage will also vary depending where in the country you are, should be between £15-£30. The frame will be packaged in masses of bubble wrap inside a heavy duty cardboard box, or if you prefer to collect and pay in cash then that is also welcomed.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
You could upload more/bigger pics to flickr or photobucket and insert them in the listing... I do that in my listings and I never receive any request for more pics... and they usually sell quite well..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also wise to provide some sort of estimate on shipping. If you are not going to use a flat rate, then maybe provide the size and weight for the shipping calculator. Once you've been burned a couple times by folks who don't provide any shipping information, you become wary and hesitant to bid when you have no idea.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Definitely post a pic or a link to pics. It only costs something like $0.35 USD. I don't know about other ebayers, but I don't even think about buying anything w/o pics. I'm also too lazy to email a request for pics, and I bet I'm not the only one who feels this way. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yep, pay for the ebay big/more pic option. It's not all that much, and it will definitely help sell.

When a seller takes time to put together a comprehensive & complete description and then takes the time to provide quality pics in the ad, it gives me a warm fuzzy that they are honest and know what they are doing.

Cheers, Chris

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Chris130 said:
Yep, pay for the ebay big/more pic option. It's not all that much, and it will definitely help sell.

When a seller takes time to put together a comprehensive & complete description and then takes the time to provide quality pics in the ad, it gives me a warm fuzzy that they are honest and know what they are doing.

Cheers, Chris
No need..you can insert images from photo sites... and its not against the rules..only direct linking is...

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah im definately going to include some decent pictures, nice call on hosting a few more else where, i may give that a go too. i've bought things off ebay before but never sold, just want the prospective bidders to know im honest and upfront!

i wonder though whats the difference between a comprehensive and complete description and waffeling on too much :p does my description seem balanced enough?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Crisillo Need step by step directions...

crisillo said:
No need..you can insert images from photo sites... and its not against the rules..only direct linking is...
Hi. need some help. What would the step by step directions be for inserting images from photo site? What is the best photo site to use?

Thanks
Graybeard

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Poser said:
Hi. need some help. What would the step by step directions be for inserting images from photo site? What is the best photo site to use?

Thanks
Graybeard
so here goes... I personally use flickr.

After uploading the picture, when you look at it on its page, there is a small toolbar, you click the "all sizes" button and then you can choose the appropriate size to insert in the listing.

Below the image there is a text box with the html code for the image...

try it out ;)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Ebay sux worse than anything has sucked in the whole history of sucking! It's entirely populated by scammers and jerks. The last three things I purchaced were never shipped, but still cost me money. I hope the whole Ebay population gets genital warts! :madmax:

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
spamming?

somtimes on peoples item listings, for example frames or bikes they include loads of other brand names in the title.

is this allowed by ebays rules, or is it a bit of a no no :nono:

any helps appreciated :thumbsup:

btw does my add sound ok?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.