Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Not fully comparable, don't get extra hose fittings nor the tools/brake blocks or the same brake fluid.
Do I need the extra hose fitting to do a proper bleed? What are they for? I was thinking I could use the end of a wrench or business cards as a brake block.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
wraydp said:
Do I need the extra hose fitting to do a proper bleed? What are they for? I was thinking I could use the end of a wrench or business cards as a brake block.
The hose fittings are for changing the length of your hoses. You may or may not need the extra bits/tools (e.g. do you already have the t-10 torx wrench?), or if you want the Avid 5.1 fluid...so it's just a matter if the differences in kits mean that much to you.

PS I see you have Juicy from your title now (after), don't know if they need the T10 like the Elixirs do....

·
Recreational Racer
98 Posts
You might not get the best bleed with out the correct bleed block. And why take short cuts if it isn't going to get you where you are going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.