Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Is that a row of stitches just under the lower lip? Jeez, I hope not.

The stitches/wound on the left side of the lower lip look "manageable."

Anyway, going riding after an injury is the best therapy - based on my personal experiences anyway.

Best wishes,
Terry

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
elder_mtber said:
Is that a row of stitches just under the lower lip? Jeez, I hope not.

The stitches/wound on the left side of the lower lip look "manageable."

Anyway, going riding after an injury is the best therapy - based on my personal experiences anyway.

Best wishes,
Terry
Hey Terry, it is a different cut underneath, no stitches. But I have a cut inside the mouth that is vertical for 2 inches and 3/4 inch deep. Will eating through a straw for a while.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DavidR1 said:
Damn, that sucks!!

Where were you riding?
O'Hill , some wet leaves took the front wheel out on a corner, I still have no idea what my face hit. Have a minor separation of the AC joint. I did ride the bike out though for 1.5 miles :thumbsup: And now on my way to ride the Grove, lol. I cant even open the mouth enough for a deep breath.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't go ride if you have an AC injury. I thought I would man up and go ride after I had a grade 2 about 8 months ago. I fell a couple of times and it became a grade 3, total separation and a cc sprain, now my collar bone is no longer connected to my shoulder. I wish I had taken a month off in hindsight.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ifstewart said:
I wouldn't go ride if you have an AC injury. I thought I would man up and go ride after I had a grade 2 about 8 months ago. I fell a couple of times and it became a grade 3, total separation and a cc sprain, now my collar bone is no longer connected to my shoulder. I wish I had taken a month off in hindsight.
Been racing since the late 80's, have 3 AC separations over that time, 2 to the left 1 to the right. All of them were class 3 or worse, both my collar bones stick up about 1 inch.

The AC sep this time is minor, can get my arm over my head with a little work, rode 12 miles yesterday. Not much energy though, hard when you are on a liquid diet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.