Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an easy way to find bike shops that rent mountain bikes - especially in areas that are not popular for mountain biking?

Is there some site that these shops list themselves on?

I know that there is a US-wide bike rental service out there, but I would prefer to deal with a shop - or just know where it is so I can rent oone if I fell like it and not have to make arrangements.

Sometimes while spending a few days in some town I would like to look up some local trails and ride them. I don't mean places like Moab, I mean places in Milwaukee, WI, Pontiac MI, Tallahassee FL - just regular places that might have what looks like a half way decent trail in the area (as shown in the trail review section for instance). I have tried in the past for the above locations and it was difficult to find the rental shops without calling each one in the yellow pages.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
google

mfx007 said:
Does anyone know of an easy way to find bike shops that rent mountain bikes - especially in areas that are not popular for mountain biking?

I know that there is a US-wide bike rental service out there, but I would prefer to deal with a shop - or just know where it is so I can rent oone if I fell like it and not have to make arrangements.

Sometimes while spending a few days in some town I would like to look up some local trails and ride them. I don't mean places like Moab, I mean places in Milwaukee, WI, Pontiac MI, Tallahassee FL - just regular places that might have what looks like a half way decent trail in the area (as shown in the trail review section for instance). I have tried in the past for the above locations and it was difficult to find the rental shops without calling each one in the yellow pages.

Thanks
http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/display/router.asp?docid=14154

·
try driving your car less
3,096 Posts
mfx007 said:

Thanks
yup. it's difficult. quality of rentals varies incredibly. that's why people bring their own bikes.

i struggle with this frequently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.