Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright quick easy question here about to order a Thomson seat post do I need the 30.9 size one for a 2007 Heckler? Also going with a Thomson stem I am 5'11" have a size large Heckler thinking of going with a 50mm. Is this size pretty popular for people my height? Thanks. Damn it feels good to finally have the money to complete my bike.:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out my own question 30.9 is the one. I guess I can just order the 50
mm and try it out I guess it's all trial and error.

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
Hellbound said:
Found out my own question 30.9 is the one. I guess I can just order the 50
mm and try it out I guess it's all trial and error.
Stem length is a matter of preference, but depends on what you are looking for in reach (effective top tube length + stem length). If you are already pretty comfortable with the reach on yr current ride then figure out those numbers and match it to yr Heckler. If you are looking for more laid back feel or better technical handling go with a shorter stem. :devil:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm 5'10" Large 07 Heckler Thomson in line seat post and 70mm Thomson stem 5mm spacer, Easton Hi rise monkey bars , I tried a 50mm it was super quick steering but for me 70mm was better compromise for general trail riding, but as Hellbelly says its a matter of what suits you, my friend who is 5'11" has an XL with laid back seat post and 120mm stem, don't know how but he finds this the best for him, mind he's old school XC.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead with the Thomson Elite X4 70mm. 50mm just seems like it would be a little too short. The one I have now is an 80mm so having a slightly shorter one sounds like the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.