Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had allot of riser bars over the years and I like to adjust my bars so the grips a level ofr trail riding. For the past 3 years I have been using Easton XC carbon bars, standad clamp/low rise, OS/high rise and the bars I just bought for a new bike build, OS/low rise. Every other bar I have used, I had no problem adjusting the grip area level.

With the OS low rise I just bought I was very surprised to get the grips level the bars sweep back allot and seems to shorten up my cock pit and look realy funny. To adjust the bars more forward, the ends of the bars are pointed up more like free riders or DH would run.

I find this very strange as I have an OS high rise on one bike and this new OS low rise, both labled Monkey lite XC and I wouldn't think there would be a difference other then the rise height.

I have never experianced this problem with any other riser bar in all my years of using risers.

Can anyone fill me in on what's going on? What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The oversize Monkeylite XCs from 2006/2007 were a different shape. If the bar is 660mm (26") long then you have one of these. They have also been marketed as the MX bar. For 2008 onward, the oversize low rise Monkeylite XC is a more normal shape.and 27" (685mm) wide.

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
petercarm said:
The oversize Monkeylite XCs from 2006/2007 were a different shape. If the bar is 660mm (26") long then you have one of these. They have also been marketed as the MX bar. For 2008 onward, the oversize low rise Monkeylite XC is a more normal shape.and 27" (685mm) wide.
Yep, That's what I have, the 660mm. So ifI get the longer version I should be fine?

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
petercarm said:
Yes. If it is a Monkeylite XC oversize lo-rise and 685mm (27") it will be the shape you want.
The funny thing is I have that size coming from beyond bikes today. When I receive an order conformation from them, it said the bars were back order until January. So I went and bought the other bars on eBay. I then called beyond and said I wanted to cancel the back ordered bars. They said, they shipped. They said I could return them, but now I need them.

So I will have the bars I want and will sell the other.

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spacoli said:
The funny thing is I have that size coming from beyond bikes today. When I receive an order conformation from them, it said the bars were back order until January. So I went and bought the other bars on eBay. I then called beyond and said I wanted to cancel the back ordered bars. They said, they shipped. They said I could return them, but now I need them.

So I will have the bars I want and will sell the other.
Well the other bars are much better, I might cut 1/2" off each end to get them around 26".

Here are some pictures to show the difference. The back sweep looks about the same, it's the angle the end go up (upsweep?) that really didn't work for me.

Well I have a set bars for sale, offers, oops spam?:nono:

petercarm, thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have full length on my Nomad and like it. I will wait to get some rides in, before I do anything.

Thanks again

·
Registered
469 Posts
spacoli from the picture it looks like both of those bars are the same width 685mm. So the one you didn't like with the yellow what year is that. I have one bar that has that "CNT powered by zyvex" logo and another exact bar but it doesn't have the "powered by zyvex" - which is newer and do all the new bars have this on them?

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saga said:
spacoli from the picture it looks like both of those bars are the same width 685mm. So the one you didn't like with the yellow what year is that. I have one bar that has that "CNT powered by zyvex" logo and another exact bar but it doesn't have the "powered by zyvex" - which is newer and do all the new bars have this on them?
They do look the same length, but they are not. We are only talking 7.5mm per end.

Yes the one with the yellow is the one I didn't like, I'm not sure of the year. I'm just guessing your bars the newer one has the lable "CNT powered by zyvex" ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.