Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building my Yeti up, aka seat post, handlebars, stem, etc. and can get Easton Haven Carbon at the same price as Thomson Elite, so my question is, dollar for dollar, which do you prefer and why?

Instagram - @litlchuck

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Assuming you mean the seatpost, Thomson. They are light and reliable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you mean the seatpost, Thomson. They are light and reliable.
I mean handlebars and stem as well. Easton not reliable?

Instagram - @litlchuck

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Both are fine and will get the job done. Personally, I have a Thomson stem and seatpost and an Easton Havoc bar (Thomson doesn't make handlebars).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Sept 1

Instagram - @litlchuck

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Wow! Available Sept, 2012. Makes sense too . . . given everything else they offer, making a handlebar can't be all that big of a stretch.

What I find really interesting is the inclusion of other materials besides AL. I wonder if we'll start seeing Ti stems and seatposts?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I would go either, but alloy personally. And try the new haven/havoc 35 and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
i have thomson stem and havon carbon bar on my 575 and no complaints or issues

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
and can get Easton Haven Carbon at the same price as Thomson Elite
Thomson for the seatpost, carbon posts dont last well when being raised and lowered a lot, thomson posts survive mos things.

Easton Carbon for the bars (lifetime warranty, seriously why buy expensive bars from anyone else?).

For the stem flip a coin, can't think of any objective reason for one or the other.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have all Easton Haven and love them. Just not the wheels ... Yet.

The Easton Haven magnesium stem I have is bad a$$ looking

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
i've had a thomson post and stem on every bike i've had since i started biking in 2007. i've tried different stuff in between but i always come back to thomson. however, i have haven carbon wheels and bars and i love them as well. when thomson brings their carbon/alu bars and adj. seatposts to market, it'll be hard not to switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts