Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me of bar ends that are compatible with this bar. my Icon fatties aren't. i am looking for something carbon to replace them with.

·
Registered
665 Posts
no, easton do not recommend using bar ends on the EC90 range - the ends are not reinforced in an effort to keep weight down i presume.

the EC70 range are deemed compatible though.

i've used easton in 25.4mm clamp, but now have oversize 31.8mm, and have used Titec riser and now Giant flat bar. both these are great if you can find them, and accept bar ends. it's not to say you can't crack the ends from over tightening - i heard a crack with the Titecs - so you still have to be very careful. i suggest scouring/roughening the ends of the bars where the bar ends clamp over to improve their 'grip' on the bar, meaning you don't have to tighten them as much to achieve the same 'tightness'. i used some sandpaper.

:)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The Ec90 isn't compatible with bar ends. Its not reinforeced for them at the ends. TO make things more difficult the diameter of that bar is actually ever so slightly smaller than is standard so even if you were to install them they will just spin around even when clamped all the way.
Besides the EC70 Race Face carbon bars are also capable of using bar ends and even bring aluminium bar end reinforcement plugs to reinforce it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.