Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new wheelset and want a true tubeless rim, so I am planning on going to a UST wheelset, and Mavic is not a option. I have narrowed it down to either the Easton's or Cobalts. Any one ridden both ? or have issues with one them ?

phillip

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a set of Cobalt 2's. The front had what I will call a thin spot but it was actually a hole in the inner rim surface (a casting flaw), it took a while to exchange (I bought off e-bay) but I haven't had and issues with the rear wheel or the replacement front wheel. I haven't ridden the Easton's, so I can't compare them, but I like the Cobalt's. Brake caliper clearance might be an issue for you with the Cobalt's, I had to use a 180mm rotor on the front to make a little more space. I have a set of C29ssmax and I like the Cobalt's just as well, especially considering the saved $$$. FYI: I'm 185lbs and have them on a Spearfish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.