Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vintage Hardtail Rider
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if these decent and if the are enough wheel for my weight (200lbs)?
I couldn't seem to find any specs on rider weight.
Just mild riding with nothin to radical, guess they call it XC these days.
Terrain is So. Cal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a set on my 29er SS hardtail and love them. They seem to stay true. I weigh 240 and have had no problems with them. I really liked the price and I'm thinking of getting another set for a 29er hardtail gearded bike I'm building now

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have no direct experience with these wheels, but being a "set it & fogret it" kind of guy, I don't see the point in using anything other than stan's wheels since they're afforadable, reliable, light & most improtantly hassle free to run tubeless.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Easton's are under $300 where Stan's are around $500, depends what he wants to spend.
I ran tubeless once, ripped a front sidewall outta my front tire and coated a set of Code brakes and Reba fork in slime, lucky I was close to some cleaner to get it off before it set up.

·
Vintage Hardtail Rider
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set on my 29er SS hardtail and love them. They seem to stay true. I weigh 240 and have had no problems with them. I really liked the price and I'm thinking of getting another set for a 29er hardtail gearded bike I'm building now
This is good to hear as far as rider weight goes.
Best I found em for is 425. and that helps me along with gettin brakes for the build.
I would like to get a custom set built but it's for my 1st full susp. bike and who knows if i'll even like it or not :eekster:
I'm open to any ideas, like the Stan's which seem to enjoy a great rep. for quality etc.
I think i wll end up gettin a mid range wheelset and brakes rather than just the high end custom wheels.
That being said i'm trying to keep it under a grand for wheels and brakes:rolleyes:

Thanks for any and all help :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.