Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know Easton has a history with aluminum products for biking but I expected better. I bought some Easton locking grips from a dealer. I did not realize they were closed ended. Well I am a bar end type of guy. This limited me. I wanted to use the grips and bar ends both. Bike shop was no help other than buy another pair for the other set of open locks immediately after he recited his 35% restocking fee to take them back. I SAID NO WAY BECAUSE I WANTED TO USE THEM! Called Easton and offered to buy another set of the open locks. The lady told me to go fly a kite even though I did not want my money back. She offered that to me but did not get it that I wanted to use the damn things. I then took a close look and noticed they were the same clamps on the locking areas. They just had a thicker end to close it up with. So I took the closed end pieces to the guys in the machine shop at work and in 5 minutes, I ended up with a complete set of open locks for both sides of the grips after a perfect job of machining. Did I give everyone a fair shake in this?

·
The Original Suspect
2,383 Posts
Shop at a different shop...wtf 35% for a return???? I would expect a small restock fee if it was a high dollar item or a special order.

FWIW I have ordered directly from Easton's web site several times and had a very good experience.

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
You solved your situation in a way outside the norm and your original idea was similarly not something customer service would run across often. She would have had to know the construction of the product. You might have been more successful with a tech support person. Cash refund is still a decent offer for Easton to make.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Didn't you check out the grips for two whole seconds before you bought them?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Didn't you check out the grips for two whole seconds before you bought them?
This would have helped.

Second: i cant believe they wanted a re stocking fee on an exchange! Let alone one at all, i wouldnt buy from there again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should have checked them out better.
THEY FELT SO GOOD I GOT LOST IN THE MOMENT?
You sound like a winy old DRAMA QUEEN girl. (don't mistake for a mountainbike chick)
That sounds like a girly excuse for crap that girls buy.
You're buying mountainbike stuff, not a pair of shoes at MACY'S.
Gimme a break

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,116 Posts
You should have checked them out better.
THEY FELT SO GOOD I GOT LOST IN THE MOMENT?
You sound like a winy old DRAMA QUEEN girl. (don't mistake for a mountainbike chick)
That sounds like a girly excuse for crap that girls buy.
You're buying mountainbike stuff, not a pair of shoes at MACY'S.
Gimme a break
I'm going to go laugh in the corner now...excuse me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts