Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Woods Ready
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some freinds and I from Chattanooga are about to trip out to Dupont SF. We want to ride Eastern Slickrock, but we will be camping the whole weekend. Would anyone please suggest other rides near that trail that are worthy of a weekend trip... or are there any?

Thanks
Harve

·
Registered
725 Posts
Pisgah, Pisgah, Pisgah! Stop by Sycamore cycles in pisgah forest. They can help you navigate the trails. Two of the best rides, in my opinion, are, up laurel mountain & down pilot, and the other one is the black mountain downhill. I'll be down there this weekend too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
mtnbiker1973 said:
Pisgah, Pisgah, Pisgah! Stop by Sycamore cycles in pisgah forest. They can help you navigate the trails. Two of the best rides, in my opinion, are, up laurel mountain & down pilot, and the other one is the black mountain downhill. I'll be down there this weekend too.
Don't forget about Pisgah too.... :)

I agree with "up laurel, down pilot" My other favorite ride is up a bunch of stuff including Avery, clawhammer, buckhorn, buckwheat, and down Bennetts, but that is closed starting today, until 10/15 (Sorry).

Camp at Davidson River (reservations suggeted for weekend stays).

Also, some good trails in DuPont are Burnt Mountain (very close to Cedar Rock/slickrock), and it is worth seeing bridal veil falls. I thought the Laurel Trail was fun, and I really liked Ridgeline (I think that's the name).

I second Sycamore Cycles. They have always been helpful, and had what I need when I need it. They gave a buddy and me a great route for a 30-mile jaunt through DuPont. Great stuff.

I've not had great luck at the other (bigger) place, but some folks like them too....

Need to post on the NC forum if you have not already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.