Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the trails like at Foxboro or Freetown state forests? snow,ice etc. anyone know anything about plymouth pine hills? if there's snow there like here on cape cod,the hills would be unridable.

here on the cape the trails range from ridable but tough(and fun with the new ice) to just scant snow.

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
Try wampatuck

I rode there Sat. Nice. one to two inches of frozen granular. Plenty of traction up and over rocks and roots. I rode Pine hills the prior Sat. Six degrees. Zero snow. I wasn't at either spot today but doubt that conditions have changed. Odd, coming off cape in winter to AVOID snow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bummed to hear that about the cape-with the exception of this weekend and the snow storm first week in dec. i've been at otis/trail of tears every weekend since the start of the season (nov). rode in taunton yesterday (half-way between fox. & free.) and while it was ridable-about 3 inches or so- it was quite a workout-like riding in thick mud. have to think that fox & free would be the same-foxboro maybe even more snow,

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not bummed out at all

oh, no I like to ride other places but want to make sure conditions are good. cape cod is sometimes like another climate. good and bad. when there's arctic temps we can get ocean effect snow and no one else gets it. sometimes the next town over won't have it!

sounds like you get around also. good to know I'm not the only one!

thanks all

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go to otis also,local spot, and there's more cars in the winter than any other time of the year!

you are so right about the workout. rode trail of tears last three days and legs are tired. very correct about snow and mud. I suck in the mud, just spin and get no where and the same happens in snow. so this snow should improve my peddling technique.

nice to hear you come down here.

·
We get titles?
935 Posts
Lots of ice too..

Mr Magoo said:
I rode there Sat. Nice. one to two inches of frozen granular. Plenty of traction up and over rocks and roots. I rode Pine hills the prior Sat. Six degrees. Zero snow. I wasn't at either spot today but doubt that conditions have changed. Odd, coming off cape in winter to AVOID snow.

I rode Wompatuck Sunday morning as the snow was falling and there were enough icy patches to keep things interesting. But I'll take a few icey patches and frozen ground any day over soft 'suck you in' stinky mud!

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
hey, don't scare the guy

At dusk, at the end of my Sat ride, I was ripping the sloped area that leads to triphammer pond, the hill section with gravel because of the constant water flow. I knew it was there but maintained speed. I hit before I knew I was falling and slid 15 feet. Dunce, I said. No damage to self or rig. Charmed, I said, and proceeded to the main lot under darkening skies.
Looks like we won't hook up since I only go Sat, you only go Sun.

P.S. watch out for the homeland security in Humvees when you ride pine hills, plymouth above the nuke plant. stick to the skinniest trails and listen when you cross the dirt roads. they chased me out last mo. I understand, but still will find a way to ride there. Its not entergy property.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts