Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm 29 and live in Killingly, about 5 min from the RI line. Most of my riding consists of Mashamoquet, which is nearby, and the occasional drive to Arcadia or Bluff Point for a short day trip. I have a '96 Kona Nunu and am getting an '05 Kona Kikapu Deluxe. I'm also a recreational roadie...

Anyway, anyone in the area know of any other decent trails or interested in getting some people together for a ride?

Let me know!

- ctk

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
ctkona75 said:
Hey I'm 29 and live in Killingly, about 5 min from the RI line. Most of my riding consists of Mashamoquet, which is nearby, and the occasional drive to Arcadia or Bluff Point for a short day trip. I have a '96 Kona Nunu and am getting an '05 Kona Kikapu Deluxe. I'm also a recreational roadie...

Anyway, anyone in the area know of any other decent trails or interested in getting some people together for a ride?

Let me know!

- ctk
This site might have some good places for you to seek out:

http://www.bikerag.com

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Couple for you...

ctkona75 said:

Let me know!

- ctk
I live a bit further west than you, but some good stuff near by if you don't mind the drive - Shenipsit in Ellington/Somers and Mansfield Hollow in Mansfield. Let me know if you'd like a tour of Shenipsit, its a great place, probably not a lot different than Arcadia, probably a bit smaller in area.

John

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
Yo

I live in Richmond RI, which is near Burlingame and not too far from Arcadia. I'm not too much into the group rides (for no other reason than I have no life or friends), but I'm game. I'm not a high output rider, but I can hold my own. Let me know if you're interested in a ride sometime.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rooster said:
I live in Richmond RI, which is near Burlingame and not too far from Arcadia. I'm not too much into the group rides (for no other reason than I have no life or friends), but I'm game. I'm not a high output rider, but I can hold my own. Let me know if you're interested in a ride sometime.....

Yeah I don't know what it would be like to go for a ride with 5+ people - too many!
So, sounds good, when is the best day/time?

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
Well Burlingame is a fun after work ride for me. Its a 8 mile loop that's pretty interesting, lots of variety. I ususally get to the trail-head at 4 pm, finished by 6. On weekends, me and a friend or 2 meet in the morning (8'ish) at a variety of places (Arcadia, Miller's Pond, Hartman Park, Big River, Bluff Point) and finish up before noon.

If you drew a line due west into RI, where would that put you (not sure where Killingly is)?

Maybe a Burlingame loop during the week?

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
I just MapQuested Killingly, You're kind of far away from Burlingame, but Arcadia looks within a half hour of your town. There's some good riding there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rooster said:
I just MapQuested Killingly, You're kind of far away from Burlingame, but Arcadia looks within a half hour of your town. There's some good riding there.
Today was the perfect day -- I went and picked up my new bike in NH (saved almost $100 in taxes!) and then came down and went to Bluff Point for a ride. It was great!

So Arcadia sounds good. I get out of work at 5 on the weekdays so it might be tough (I need a headlight) but if you want to go out Saturday morning or whatever I am definitely up for it. My email is [email protected], give me a yell if you are up for a ride.

- ctk75

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
Secret Training Grounds

CTK75,
I went to a place called Hartman Park in CT on Saturday. Its probably about 10-15 minutes off 395 at the junction of Rt 85. This place is awsome, lots of nice technical stuff, good climbs/decents, and lots of trails, great views, etc. There are trail maps at the trail head, the Red Dot and Orange Dot trails are really fun. My buddies call this the Secret Training Grounds because whatever you want, its there. I can give you more info if you're interested (but it'll cost ya ;) [NOT]).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rooster said:
CTK75,
I went to a place called Hartman Park in CT on Saturday. Its probably about 10-15 minutes off 395 at the junction of Rt 85. This place is awsome, lots of nice technical stuff, good climbs/decents, and lots of trails, great views, etc. There are trail maps at the trail head, the Red Dot and Orange Dot trails are really fun. My buddies call this the Secret Training Grounds because whatever you want, its there. I can give you more info if you're interested (but it'll cost ya ;) [NOT]).

Hartman? Are you talking about Harkness?

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
ctkona75 said:
Hartman? Are you talking about Harkness?
Nope nope. Hartman Park is just about dead center on this link................ http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...b=home&address=&city=haddam&state=ct&zipcode= (hopefully the copy paste worked). Calling it a "Park" is exactly what it is, because the only thing missing is a admission fee (that was supposed to be witty ;) ). Our 6 mile ride there on Saturday took 3+ hours, so that might tell you a little about the place (technical). Its definitely worth checking out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts