6. Best New Product:
  7. Worst New Product:
  8. Moment of the Year:
  9. Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!):

I'd answer them myself but I want some time to think about it. :D

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
Before I respond, I need to know whether I'm I allowed answer each question in a separate post so as to be even more irritating than usual?

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feel free to irritate any and all! :D

I'm struggling with Worst New Product but I'm sure something will come to mind...

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
garage monster said:
In the spirit of Cyclingnews' reader poll, answer the following:

1. Most Improved Rider (amateur or pro, I don't care):
  2. Most Improved Poster:
  3. Best Race (one of yours or one you watched):
  4. Worst Race (ditto):
  5. Best Rider(s) (male and female, please):
  6. Best New Product:
  7. Worst New Product:
  8. Moment of the Year:

I'd answer them myself but I want some time to think about it. :D
1. Most improved rider. thedumbopinion. He went from recreational rider to spanking me at the P2A in no time.
2. Most improved poster. Nerdgirl. She started pretty quiet, but seems to be getting much more comfortable in our crazy little corner here.
3. Best race. I loved the CDMBR hosted by the Shorthills Cycling Club.
4. Worst race. I can't think of any race I was at, or watched that was inherently "bad." Most of the organizers seem to know what they are doing.
5. Best riders? I have no idea.
6. Best new product? Magicshine LED. Making high powered lights affordable to nearly everyone. The product itself may not be flawless, but nothing can compete at the pricepoint.
7. Worst new product. I'm drawing a blank for this one too.
8. Moment of the year. Is this poll over yet?
9. Memorable post. Another question? Seriously? I quit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
• Most Improved Rider: Nerdgirl. First female to finish BCBR on a SS, I think?
• Most Improved Poster: ?
• Best Race: CTS
• Worst Race : It was a good race but my worst, Marathon Series Haliburton
• Best Rider(s) Kabush, Pendrel
• Best New Product: Awsome Strap
• Worst New Product: Rear shock on the epic
• Moment of the Year: The girl who peed herself
• Most Memorable Post: ?

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
• Most Improved Rider: Because I don't know what people did last year I was going to say me too. Shaving 10min off the 15k weekly race. Not to mention 2hrs off at Paul's, 260 places at the L2L and 175 at the Squeezer.
• Most Improved Poster: Circlip for his new avatar
• Best Race: Andrew Watson in UCI Toronto Day 1
• Worst Race: Albion Ocup for the hike a bike sections.
• Best Rider(s): Kabush, Prendrel as well. The run Kabush went on was ridiculous.
• Best New Product: +1 Magicshine
• Worst New Product: Cliff Bar Chocolate Mint flavor.
• Moment of the Year: VVegabond having TP sticking out of her jersey at Horseshoe.
• Most Memorable Post: PT's antics in general.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M'kay, I think I'm ready now...

1. Most Improved Rider: Andrew Watson - tough choice but his podium on Day 1 at the UCI races showed that he can mix it up with the mighty Cannondale machine
  2. Most Improved Poster: Singlesprocket - again, tough choice but posts have gone from opaque to enjoyable in a very short timespan
  3. Best Race: for me, UCI Day 1, top 20 FTW! for watching, UCI Day 1 (see Most Improved Rider above)
  4. Worst Race: for me, Hardwood Canada Cup - I chased and chased but just couldn't stay on... for watching: the sucky riders-protesting-the-radio-ban stage of the Tour - so boring
  5. Best Rider(s) (male and female, please): NO BRAINER: Kabush and Pendrel. DUH!
  6. Best New Product: Niner Carbon Fork (MIsfit Team testing confirms what the world's worst promotional video claims)
  7. Worst New Product: the re-introduced Mavic R-Sys. Soon to be available in a mountain version, no less. BANG!
  8. Moment of the Year: Heinrich Haussler's solo win on Stage 13 of the Tour. Guts and Glory!
  9. Most Memorable Post: "Phat Tyred: Andrew Watson" (RIP the secret identities thread.)

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
garage monster said:
    Why does the most improved rider have to be amatuer or pro? Are you insinuating all riders are sausage suit racer boyz? The most improved rider is probably one of those clydes on the clydesdale forum who lost 100+ pounds. Damn the racer boyz and their spindly limbs, scrawny buttocks and concave chests.
  2. Most Improved Poster:
    Nergirl. She seems to be finding her voice and hooking me up with cheap meat.
    My first race and only race, the 2009 Paris to Ancaster. This Icarian moment made me realize I'm closer to a Belushi than an Armstrong.
  4. Worst Race (ditto):
    See best race.
    Having two boys, I'm going to fall for the roadie brothers, the Shclecks. I'm 37 and I may be legally too old to fancy her, but I have a soft spot for Emily Batty.
  6. Best New Product: Brava Light - cheap Hamilton made beer.
  7. Worst New Product:Whole wheat KD.
  8. Moment of the Year:Coming home from school for lunch finding my wife in some vinyl push up chemise avec suspenders and stockings. I think she was looking for loving but got a 10 minute"motor boat" instead. She should have known the push up part was over the top...
    Any of USMCCruz's pictures of his arsenal - especially the one of him guarding a load of steel in his driveway. Great stuff.
Here it is.

·
Registered
150 Posts
first thanks for the kudo's my legs still hurt from day 1,

1. Most Improved Rider : Stafford
2. Most Improved Poster: don't know only been on here for a week,
3. Best Race : Hespeler GP of cross (will be the best race)
4. Worst Race (ditto): Anti race, no defined start or finish hows someone supposed to race that.
5. Best Rider(s) : Emily Batty,(just cause that name has not been posted yet) And Evan Guthrie his worlds ride was pure Canadian grit.
6. Best New Product: Norco's Team carbon hardtail (shameless )
7. Worst New Product: 10 speed mtb stuff, Why? seriously why?
8. Moment of the Year: tough one, hardest crash of my life on coffee run in May, my jaw still hurts,
9. Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!): a certain post about mothers, i still can't believe that was posted.

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
I'm going to bit 'n' piece my answers as they come, but here's a few glimmers to kick things off;

1.Most Improved Rider (amateur or pro, I don't care): Vet Yute gets my nod. Intermittent flickers of promise and bad luck in recent years, converted into a season of mostly solid results and notably killer form toward the end of the calendar.

2.Most Improved Poster: I'll pile on and also say the Singlesprocket thingie is a good choice (not that I expect he wants or needs my vote, and admittedly I still don't get the mushroom fixation), in a dead heat with Ryanstrive. I'm not certain if Ryan posted much previously, and therefore it's difficult to say if he correctly qualifies for the "improved" tag, but is certainly top shelf stuff whether in words or pics when he does choose to post.

5.Best Rider(s) (male and female, please): I'm going to swap in more of a local (Ontario) theme and give props to Andrew Watson, if for no other reason than his redonkulous, almost incomphrehensible 1st lap at Mountainview, and Emily Batty who started to show she belongs on the world stage, not to mention the hostile takeover of an impressive share of attention within the sphere of cycling media.

9.Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!): There have been many informative and enlightening posts on this forum during the past year, but much as it pains me to admit it, Nogearshere takes the cake with the infamous "nipple ring / women on women" combo.

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
    Biggie's wrong. You didn't say "racer". So an amateur rider would totally include those clydes. I think I hafta say that girl who rode CTS just two months after riding a mountain bike for the first time (after her partner who convinced her to do it dumped her). I know her roadie legs got her through a lot, but still. Impressive.
  2. Most Improved Poster:
    I was going to say Phat up until Monday night. He actually contributed some entertaining posts. But then... So I'll hafta go with swabag, Phatty's alter-ego.
    For me personally, BC Bike Race. For watching, UCI Day 1.
  4. Worst Race (ditto):
    Dirt Sweat and Gears was an awesome weekend, but a bit of a washout as a race. I drove 14 hours to Tennessee with four boys. Sat around in the rain most of the day and never ended up racing (3 laps in a 12 hour race FTW!). Things improved dramatically once I figured out I could start drinking.
    Kabush and Pendrel with an honourable mention to Emily Batty for a total breakthrough year.
  6. Best New Product:
    My new Fe I hope.
  7. Worst New Product:
    Ummm?
  8. Moment of the Year:
    Erm.
    You mean I can't go for "Bones BREAK"? Damn. Fine. Phatty = Watson.

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
Hmm...

Most Improved Rider (amateur or pro, I don't care):
Probably Jamie Davies, I remember racing in Sport with him, now he kicks my ass in Expert.

Most Improved Poster:
Meh..

Best Race (one of yours or one you watched):
Iceman (In Michigan) those guys really know how to pull off a race. From the atmosphere at the Expo, right up to the after party. Seeing pro's get smashed is fun. I also raced my first Pro race and blew up right at the equivalent 'expert' distance. Maybe late nights and excessive partying is not what the pros do.

Worst Race (ditto):
Ocup Provincials, too much pre riding, too little rest..

Best Rider(s) (male and female, please):
On this forum? I think Benno or Veteran Youth are the quickest. Female? I dunno..

Best New Product:
Lezyne Alloy drive hand pump/ equivalent floor pump. The thread on hose is beautiful. no more busted valve stems.

Worst New Product:
Anything crank brothers has ever made. This company has the gimmick market covered.

Moment of the Year:
\hmm.. gimme time to think..

Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!):

shiiiet.. i dunno.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
    Guy Leclair, are you kidding me for picking anyone else?
  2. Most Improved Poster:
    Male: Jouko, Female: Nerdgirl... both started pretty shy, now the forum is often too busy and we have to wait until they finish posting
    CTS - it hardly gets better... Kelso O-Cup as well
  4. Worst Race (ditto):
    Mountain View O-Cup - 9:30am start... an endo, rain, burp, back to the start on foot...
    Armstrong, in both categories...
  6. Best New Product:
    Gary Fisher Superfly 100
  7. Worst New Product:
    Shimano 10 speed
  8. Moment of the Year:
    Calling the end of Summer Solstice
    nogearshere: Anti-Race announcement..

·
I Wanna Be Sedated
764 Posts
Most Improved Rider (amateur or pro, I don't care): Oggie. He pulled ahead of me in the Tues series late in the season, and I couldn't make a comeback, getting revenge for 2008. He also defeated me at CTS, ditto on the revenge bit. I appear to have beat him in O-Cup points only because he was too cheap to pay for a full-season licence. There may be others who improved as well, but I mostly pay attention to my competititon.

Most Improved Poster: Singlesprocket's posts are becoming interesting with actual content.

Best Race (one of yours or one you watched): Hardwood Canada Cup. Had I known I was one spot away from the podium in our humble category, I may have pushed a bit harder to beat (who else) Oggie.

Worst Race (ditto): Mountanview O-Cup. Wonderful venue, broken bike, broken body parts. Didn't quit.

Best Rider(s) (male and female, please): Tom Boonen (I know, I'm still a fan) Emily Batty

Best New Product: 2009 S-Works Epic (no shock issues here)

Worst New Product: blank for now

Moment of the Year: 12h of Summer Solstice, 11:59:45pm

Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!): I'm old, my memory sucks.

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
Nerdgirl said:
Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are!):
You mean I can't go for "Bones BREAK"? Damn. Fine. Phatty = Watson.
garage monster said:
Most Memorable Post: "Phat Tyred: Andrew Watson" (RIP the secret identities thread.)
I'd say I've been losing my edge for some time now. MLM (Mountain bikers for Lost Mullets) circa 2008 was a superior effort, albeit largely flying under the radar.

·
Registered
528 Posts
1.Most Improved Rider (amateur or pro, I don't care):
Saw a few major jumps from a couple different people, both O cup and long races.

2.Most Improved Poster:
My favorite person in the world Phatty!!!! Sometimes he makes sense other times he leaves us with the wtf type statement. I think the wtf percentage is getting higher
3.Best Race (one of yours or one you watched):
Watched on tv would have to be the uci in Switzerland where Watson was on a misson to catch DZ, Watched live, Another vote for Day 1 UCI in Toronto. Raced myself, has to be the Mountainview 9 hour,
4.Worst Race (ditto):
The Mountainview O-cup was a very close second (blew up bad that day when the heat kicked in for the 130. Obviously Solstice was the worst, longest race with the biggest let down, funny thing was I learned more in that race than any other.
5.Best Rider(s) (male and female, please):
Emily Batty and Andrew Watson.
6.Best New Product:
Exposure Maxx D lights, I love being able to see at night
7.Worst New Product:
The year isn't over yet
8.Moment of the Year:
With the help of Sean Ruppel the tackle and pummelling of Watson by the Monday Night Something team on the last lap at Hot August Nights.
9.Most Memorable Post (no self-quoting! you know who you are
Again with the Phat Tyred== Andrew Watson.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts