Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
9 lives
15,630 Posts

·
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Been away from the forums for a while...

Turkey Point, Ontario. Spring is finally here.

IMG_0500.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
Tall pines on the Spinal Tap Trail at Turkey Point this morning...

View attachment 1251815
Apparently I need to spread reputation around before I give it to you again. :D

It's been a dismal spring, even for here where spring is always pretty dismal. It is actually snowing this morning. Haven't been doing much riding but have been busy with early season trail building. Here's a section that I just finished on the weekend. Lots and lots of rocks and many buckets of dirt later, we have a good transition on this near vertical roll.

·
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Apparently I need to spread reputation around before I give it to you again. :D

It's been a dismal spring, even for here where spring is always pretty dismal. It is actually snowing this morning. Haven't been doing much riding but have been busy with early season trail building. Here's a section that I just finished on the weekend. Lots and lots of rocks and many buckets of dirt later, we have a good transition on this near vertical roll.

That looks gnarly! Nice work!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks! It's gnarly alright but I think less gnarly now than before. The original transition was pretty harsh, this one should be smoother and allow you to carry a bit of speed into the next roller/jump. Over the winter I packed it with snow and that smoothed it out enough so you could jump the second rock (in the foreground in the last pic). Hopefully I will get to ride it on the weekend if it ever stops snowing and raining.

·
Ride what you like!
633 Posts
Awesome and inspiring thread! Sorry I don't have a sweet ride photo, it's just my backyard. But I can share my passion; my 94ish Hardrock after its first wash in about fifteen years! I'm starting to regret the bath, it has gotten all rusty on the chainstay. Apparently, the grease and grime was protecting the finish!
IMG_20190618_122104199_HDR.jpg

Anyhow, if anyone knows of any schweet trails that my old beater can handle in the SD&G area of Ontario, let me know. I'd love to rip 'em up with my 8 year old son and his new mountain bike.

·
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Awesome and inspiring thread! Sorry I don't have a sweet ride photo, it's just my backyard. But I can share my passion; my 94ish Hardrock after its first wash in about fifteen years! I'm starting to regret the bath, it has gotten all rusty on the chainstay. Apparently, the grease and grime was protecting the finish!
View attachment 1273095

Anyhow, if anyone knows of any schweet trails that my old beater can handle in the SD&G area of Ontario, let me know. I'd love to rip 'em up with my 8 year old son and his new mountain bike.
Nice classic iron... love seeing old bikes still in service!

161 - 180 of 192 Posts