Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Eastern Canada Musical Xmas Potluck

2K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  veteran_youth 
#1 ·
I always try something new when I bring food to my office's holiday potluck. Since food isn't really a viable option for MTBR, I thought bringing new music might be a suitable alternative. :)

I love having new music running through my head and here are some of the songs that are fueling my recent rides. Everyone's welcome to join the potluck. :thumbsup:

#3 · (Edited)
I've been a little lost lately when it comes to music. At times I feel like I am sick of all the music I would typically enjoy. Maybe something people post here will catch my attention.

Anyway, at the end of today's ride, I had this song in my head:

And, I'll also offer up this. Good song, "interesting" video clip.

I thought this was a creative idea for a video. Good band too.

#6 ·
I gave up on new music some time ago. I'm reliving the birth of punk rock and I've been listening to a lot of Sonics, MC5 and New York Dolls lately while on the stationary. Not sure if you young whippersnappers even recognize these groundbreaking artists... ;)

#7 ·
Jouko said:
I gave up on new music some time ago. I'm reliving the birth of punk rock and I've been listening to a lot of Sonics, MC5 and New York Dolls lately while on the stationary. Not sure if you young whippersnappers even recognize these groundbreaking artists... ;)
WTF?! (Insert "Rick Astley does not approve" smiley here)

#11 ·
$2 drinks? Sounds like trouble! :D

For some reason, I've been hooked on Health's Die Slow for what seems like months now. I've hoovered up every remix I can find and can say without a doubt that this Tabacco one is by far the finest.

As an added bonus, the video's fairly brutal too (can you believe this was an ACTUAL PSA in the UK? :eek: - minus the song... :D )

#13 ·
rkj__ said:
:eek: x1 000 000

I did not make it to the end of that video.
Wow and that's coming from a Slipknot fan! High praise! :eek:

Did you ever see the video of the young girls on TRL crying at the end of the Psychosocial video? Priceless! (I wish I could find it somewhere.) :D

#14 ·
garage monster said:
Wow and that's coming from a Slipknot fan! High praise! :eek:

Did you ever see the video of the young girls on TRL crying at the end of the Psychosocial video? Priceless! (I wish I could find it somewhere.) :D
FWIW, I only have 3 slipknot songs in my music library.

After seeing that video, I'm afraid to even change the radio station while driving. Heck I'm scared to drive at all. Not a chance I'll ever pedal my bike down a roadway. ****, I'm never leaving home again. I think I'm afraid of life. I need a therapist. Care to pick up the tab for that one garage monster?

Seriously though, some may judge the PSA to be over the top, but more people need to realize that driving irresponsibly can have very serious consequences.

OH, and the song was pretty good. :p

#18 ·
Another piece of outstanding local talent is Hawksley Workman's ode to Algonquin Park (part of CBC Radio 2's Great Canadian Song Quest) called "Where They Kept It Wild". The first time I heard it, it stopped me in my tracks and I had to sit down and listen to the whole thing. Absolutely haunting

Unfortunately, the only way to hear it is either listen to CBC Radio 2 and hope they play it :)rolleyes: ), buy it from iTunes :)madman: ) or listen to a completely inadequate sample on the CBC website :)skep: ).

#23 ·
garage monster said:
Hey Super, did this ever get very popular in clubs (yes, I'm that old)? It's probably my favourite Verve remix.
Mmm.. not as far as i know... or at least not in the circles that I spin in. 90% of my gigs are generally harder, faster sounding progressive-techno house.(think: john digweed, underworld etc, for those who know a little about electronic music) The remaining 10% is alot of fusion-jazz loungy type house. (think: st. Germain etc...)

good track:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.