Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BLACK BETTY, OH BAM BA LAM!!!

The sweet new Eastern Black Betty MTB frame is finally in stock. Call your LBS. This pretty lady is feature-packed and light weight at only 5.5 lbs. Betty's got our Eastern original integrated seatpost clamp, a laser-cut EB headtube logo, and a host of other features including a wax-lost molded chainstay yoke. The aforementioned yoke is really the cornerstone of this frame as it brings the back-end to a snappy 14.75 inches. She's available in both black and white, with a 21.5" top tube and your choice of rear axle sizes; 10 or 14mm.

I dig it! What do you guys think?

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
I think this thread is missing something...

Had to do it.

On topic, that's a nice looking frame, but I don't think I'd pay 460 for that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Agency said:

BLACK BETTY, OH BAM BA LAM!!!

The sweet new Eastern Black Betty MTB frame is finally in stock. Call your LBS. This pretty lady is feature-packed and light weight at only 5.5 lbs. Betty's got our Eastern original integrated seatpost clamp, a laser-cut EB headtube logo, and a host of other features including a wax-lost molded chainstay yoke. The aforementioned yoke is really the cornerstone of this frame as it brings the back-end to a snappy 14.75 inches. She's available in both black and white, with a 21.5" top tube and your choice of rear axle sizes; 10 or 14mm.

I dig it! What do you guys think?
You got that e-mail today too?

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
I don't personally like the look of the chainstay yoke. i mean it is functional for the intended purpose, but not aesthetically pleasing to me.

And how many hubs out there are 14mm, disc, 135mm spacing?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anyone know what Eastern's warranty department is like. I was just reading about their limited lifetime warranty and it seems like the usual frame warranty, but how does the company handle it. I know that Trek is pretty good with warranties without trying to say misuse or abuse since thats what these bikes should be made for.

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
joelalamo45 said:
I'd rather have one of the new Spank frames. Since I'm gonna be doing a bunch of competing this year, it would be nice to rock a sweet frame and bars and rims and stuff. I wonder if that would even be possible? ;)
Soon...Gavin is out of town till mid January. We will talk than. I know we have to change your signature...;) ;)

droptopchevy said:
Anyone know what Eastern's warranty department is like. I was just reading about their limited lifetime warranty and it seems like the usual frame warranty, but how does the company handle it. I know that Trek is pretty good with warranties without trying to say misuse or abuse since thats what these bikes should be made for.
I haven't had any issues. We had 1 Slash frame crack on a weld. The new bike was in the customers hands in a mattter of days. It is a little different than your standard warranty. With Eastern you can trade in your frame and a little dough for any upgrade frame whenever you want, not just when it is broken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.