Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Easter Ride.... with Alligators

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  MasChingon 
#1 ·
Went to the church of dirt today and attended a wonderful service. The trails at Loyce Harpe Park were in great shape with only a few mud hole here and there. Sun was shining, cool wind was blowing, and the reptiles were out in force.

The trails are located in an old mining operation, i think phosphates and limestone and/or whatever else could be dug up and sold. This results in fantastic florida trails on extremely unique terrain.

some pics from cellphone and camera..... Typical low trail along the waters edge (fast and swoopy)........ Ridgeline trail.........tiny gator (ran over a little guy's tail today :D )......... Bigger guy right on the trails edge....... Full on sunbathing on my singletrack.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Well put. It is definitely a curiosity that keeps me hoping to spot wildlife on rides. When you encounter something that you wouldn't normally see and from not that far away, it's pretty cool. The fact that you had a camera and were able to snap some pics is just that much better.

#18 ·
We went to Ft Myers a few years back. My uncle took us south so he could show us the gators. He stopped the van and I walked up behind one and touched it's tail. It didn't do anything. My sister and aunt were screaming at me to leave it alone so I did. Suckers are big.

#19 ·
Pain Freak said:
We went to Ft Myers a few years back. My uncle took us south so he could show us the gators. He stopped the van and I walked up behind one and touched it's tail. It didn't do anything. My sister and aunt were screaming at me to leave it alone so I did. Suckers are big.
And they move FAST over short distances. You are crazy for touching a big one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.