Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April 15th here in Maine and more tonight. I hate those west coast guys and their front range pictures :madman: Well it is 29er ish.

Attachments

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
I know you're curious, so I'll tell you all about our weather, out here in AZ.

Sunny, in the 80's, and no chance of snow. It was a little windy today, though, which made it kind of chilly. 81 degrees.

On the other hand, check with me in August, and see what I'm doing. Probably not much riding. :thumbsup:

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
mtnbikerx said:
April 15th here in Maine and more tonight. I hate those west coast guys and their front range pictures :madman: Well it is 29er ish.
Me and the missus last week in Marin. 60's with a light wind. Just right in fact, not too hot not too cold.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadism or masochism?

Which one means you enjoy hurting others?

:D I've been to South Mountain and seen those guys wearing the arm warmers in February -- ooooouw.

OH, and "finger" I just got back from San Francisco last week. Got a sunburn on my forehead dining at an outside table - AAaaagh.

·
Lazy People Suck
767 Posts
finger51 said:
Me and the missus last week in Marin. 60's with a light wind. Just right in fact, not too hot not too cold.
Yeah, beautiful scenery, but there was probably some crazy environmentalist booby trapping the trail or someone passing some legislation trying to keep you off the trail.
Of course, it could be that I am just jealous.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
mtnbikerx said:
Which one means you enjoy hurting others?

:D I've been to South Mountain and seen those guys wearing the arm warmers in February -- ooooouw.

OH, and "finger" I just got back from San Francisco last week. Got a sunburn on my forehead dining at an outside table - AAaaagh.

I'll have you know, that I actually wore my leg warmers, at least 3 times this winter. And, I put my arm warmers in the Camelback, just in case my Under Armour long sleeve didn't cut it!

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
Fett said:
Yeah, beautiful scenery, but there was probably some crazy environmentalist booby trapping the trail or someone passing some legislation trying to keep you off the trail.
Of course, it could be that I am just jealous.
Tamarancho is run by the BSA, they've actually got signs all over the place which say "Bikes must stay on singletrack". It's freakin' heaven I tells ya!

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,299 Posts
Nice Pugs... I could have used one on the fr this year. Here's a pic from this weekend :thumbsup:

Dave........might drink the 29er kool aid :skep:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Saturday was nice. 45 and sunny. Rode in short sleeves and shorts. Rained all day Sunday, so I watched hockey and tuned up the bikes. Woke up today to find 12+" of snow. :madman:

·
Registered
392 Posts
finger, pm me. its about the ms's bike.

davec, i love that dog, how well does it hang on singletrak???

·
Registered
488 Posts
I knew I should have a taken the camera with me this weekend:

England, in April, 25C/77F, warm wind and blazing sunshine.

It didnt feel right, but it did feel good.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,299 Posts
He does very well, but tires himself out on very long rides by running around too much. Its not an issue if he has a rest day, but I can't do 2 long days in a row with him yet. He's only 2, so he will get better with that in time. He's a 65 lb American Pit Bull Terrier, but he's fine with other dogs and horses. Cows and deer on the other hand are fair game... :rolleyes:

There was a long thread recently in the dh forum about pits as trail dogs. Generally not recommended, but if you are a good trainer and get the right dog it can work. A typical ADBA dog will have the right physique, I think AKC and UKC dogs are too fat and squatty. My dog has longer legs and a leaner body...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts