Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Initial plan was to head up from the old forest road p-lot at Canoncito and meander up to 10k BWO Canoncito, Tree Spring, and finally OSO Corridor. We made up at far as OSO and time became an issus. We climbed, we descended...and of course, we played:thumbsup: Ran into Alex Morgan, an legend around these parts. He said that he went as far as 10k/ski area and wished he had stopped back at the forest boundary. Trail is good to that point, but beyond is still very sloppy. Anyway, that be the story. Now go ride!

Starting with just a little climb up Canoncito:p

and climbed

We played...

But thing just weren't the same without RCC, Jo Busta, and Rickmeister. I think we all
sensed it in Knob and afjoey

Luckily we had a pinch hitter. And he fit the bill nicely!

We played some more!
...and a few strategically place rocks and deadfall netted this little gem:D

...and "the man without a face (drum roll, please).......our very own Dropin%Dug:thumbsup:

A little scenery..

We descended.

Great ride fellas, and much respect Doug!:cool:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supramk388 said:
Nice! :thumbsup: Where is the pic of Bruce hitting this?
some of us were just lucky to escape sustaining only minor damage...this thing needs a tranny:eekster:

Now, can you imagine....Bruce:shocked: :lol:

·
Overeducated Biochemist
39 Posts
nice fokkin ride

First out and back i've ever done that was truly UPHILL both ways!! Still a great time, though. Props to doug and brian for keeping us humble.

And I thought Bruce WAS a tranny...:confused:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks guys, but like Supra, I'm still a Bandolero in training. I've got more Huevos than skill at this point.

Sure wish I wore the leg armour after that second attempt. Did you guys hit it again on the way back???

Fun time guys building the stunts and riding. I definitely got a workout. Let's do it again!!!

Oh...and I don't think Bruce is a tranny, but he does have log roll written all over him...;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hittin' the dirt....

That's too funny Bry...looking at the pictures you can see on both of ours first jumps we had lower entry speed but we had the front wheel straight...we were tentative but cautious and maintained form.

Then on the second attempt, we got over confident. We both carried higher speed and we both chocked the front wheel. You had a bobble that you gracefully recovered...and me, well just jump up, dust yourself off.....AND DO IT AGAIN!!! :thumbsup:

·
Victim of Saddle Rage
620 Posts
Sweet Pics

Sweet pics. I think I need to move to the Burque. Where are the desert pics at the end of the ride?

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Dropin%Dug said:
Thanks guys, but like Supra, I'm still a Bandelero in training. I've got more Huevos than skill at this point.
Nice job on the jump/drop :thumbsup:

Think I am done with training after landing this :eekster: vvvvvvv :eek: now just waiting on my new rear shock :)

Kind of had to be there to know the degree of difficulty but every dog has his day (got lucky).

·
Registered
699 Posts
cannonballtrail said:
Sweet pics. I think I need to move to the Burque. Where are the desert pics at the end of the ride?
I believe they are from the Bandolero trip to Moab the week before...

·
Registered
699 Posts
supramk388 said:
Nice job on the jump/drop :thumbsup:

Think I am done with training after landing this :eekster: vvvvvvv :eek: now just waiting on my new rear shock :)
No dude, you got more training to do...you bailed out of jumping the bikes.....we'll get there though Supra....you and me!!! :thumbsup:

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Dropin%Dug said:
No dude, you got more training to do...you bailed out of jumping the bikes.....we'll get there though Supra....you and me!!! :thumbsup:
What jump? :confused: You must be thinking of someone else

EDIT:
:lol: I see what you mean now :lol:

The line I picked was the harder line, check out Bryan and this was the same line I did (just no other camera out).

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dropin%Dug said:
Thanks guys, but like Supra, I'm still a Bandolero in training. him...;)
Nah, I think you two definitely qualify...but this dude still needs a few more lessons

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Nah, I think you two definitely qualify...
:lol: Its all good Bryan I know Doug is fooling around. When it comes to "bike" training have tons to learn still. I would love more practice this season on AM/FR as well so trying to build a suitable bike for that. Every time I ride I learn something new so can not wait to get back out on the trails.

Now as far as Bandolero training, got that sh-- down bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
699 Posts
supramk388 said:
Nice! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I like the AM/FR outfit :thumbsup:
Dude that is TOO cute. How old is the little tike now? I love the body armour...gotta keep 'em safe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
shile said:
Excellent pics and I'm ready for the east mtns both climbing up and flying down.
Heck with climbing and flying down...I'm ready for the party. I'll bring the Tequila next time. :thumbsup:

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
nice very nice!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts