Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received this email and feel that it is important enough to pass along. The trail section in question will be open for mountain bike access soon after the trail is prepared for such.

Hi All,<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

There's still room to join EBRPD and the Ivan Dickson Volunteer Trail Maintenance Project scheduled for next Saturday, July 15, at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Garin</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Regional</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Park</st1:placeType> in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pHayward</ST1:p</st1:City>. Primary projects include brushing back vegetation on the Zeile Creek Trail and trail tread improvements. Please arrive at 8:30 for registration. Volunteers are asked to park at Lot C of the CA State East Bay campus in <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Hayward</st1:City></ST1:p, follow signs to Trail event, and van shuttles will take us to the work sites. Trailwork for ½ day and lunch will be provided. Please call (510) 544-2631 to register. For more information about the Ivan Dickson Trail Maintenance Program and future events, see www.ebparks.org, trail volunteers.<O:p</O:p

Thank you for your consideration!<O:p</O:p
<st1:personName w:st="on"></st1:personName>
<st1:personName w:st="on">Jamie Perkins</st1:personName><O:p</O:p
East Bay Regional Park District<O:p</O:p
Ivan Dickson Volunteer Trail Maintenance Program<O:p</O:p
(510) 544-2611<O:p</O:p

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
So Dan, you going then?? I wonder if it'll count for a "community involvement time" credit.
I'll get you to sign the form?? Garin Park, right? The upper or lower section, I forget.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to have to see what my parenting duties will allow. My daughter will be visiting with me while her mother and rest of her family move from NY to Las Vegas and this is the only weekend we have together. If she wants to go and do this, then I'll be in - in short, I doubt I'll be there.

As for community involvement time, you'll have to talk to Jamie Perkins about it.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might be there for a few hours in the morning. It turns out that my wife has me hooked for noonish for her work family picnic but if I bring my teenagers, they can help me crank out some quick and dirty work before we have to jet.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I want to be there, but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be stuck doing some mandatory overtime at work. So I encourage any and all mountain bikers East Bay or not to attend and lend a hand.:thumbsup:

Dave

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Yeah, saw that post too, still gotta see how my week goes. I like that people want to do this, but am strung thin in that I've promised to swing by the other local events too. I might email Chris and up for another time if we can't do a "fo-sho man!". What's with all the competing local events this year? Nobody got love for one another anymore? Fairfax, Cougar, New Belgium, Trails Work, then So-and-such vs. Nationals, then Downieville. It's event excitement/promise-to-help-out-and-visit overload.

Perhaps his will catch on better since he's offering beer!

I gotta see if we go, if there will be some soda-pop.

Dan, check with you later, oh, and almost forgot, how's the little one doing?? :thumbsup:

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
obionespeedonly said:
Yeah, saw that post too, still gotta see how my week goes. I like that people want to do this, but am strung thin in that I've promised to swing by the other local events too. I might email Chris and up for another time if we can't do a "fo-sho man!". What's with all the competing local events this year? Nobody got love for one another anymore? Fairfax, Cougar, New Belgium, Trails Work, then So-and-such vs. Nationals, then Downieville. It's event excitement/promise-to-help-out-and-visit overload.
No kidding. Way too much going on this weekend. My wife's company picnic is on Saturday, too. We're probably bagging that altogether. I still need to see what time and on what day MtnBecky's race is up at Cougar.

As far as Fairfax is concerned, I'm bagging on that one too. Probably a good time to be had there but it's time to put in some local trail time. EBRPD planned the trailwork as an Ivan Dickson day apparently unknowledgable to all of the bike-related events.

obionespeedonly said:
Perhaps his will catch on better since he's offering beer!
obionespeedonly said:
I gotta see if we go, if there will be some soda-pop.

Dan, check with you later, oh, and almost forgot, how's the little one doing?? :thumbsup:
As for soda-pop (you must be from the midwest or something) what kind do you drink? I'll bring it for ya.

Maya is doing well. She's mostly sleeping through the night now and we're working on getting the routine down. But for some reason, I still wake up several times during the night and feel exhausted all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts