Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a college rider doing a public health internship in Decatur this summer, and I need some places to ride and train. Anywhere from about Alpharetta on south would be good, but it needs to be close enough in so that I can ride and train every day after work. Good cross country singletrack is ideal.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read the reviews on that place, but I wanted to make sure they were still there. It seems there was an attempt to develop the place? What has happened with that?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
sasquatch303 said:
Thanks. I read the reviews on that place, but I wanted to make sure they were still there. It seems there was an attempt to develop the place? What has happened with that?
Yellow river is partially developed (read partialy AFU) and the good technical stuff on the "creek side" has not been touched yet. It can be quite confusing to get around currently but if you stay off the renegade trails and follow the blue blazes you'll be ok.

·
Registered
65 Posts
By far the closest trails in Decatur are at Mason Mill Park/Water Works (look in the review section for directions). They're short, tight single track, but not all that great--all other trails take some significant driving time. Be sure to get to the creek side at Yellow River before they start tearing it up also. The Conyers Horse Park is also fairly convenient (about 1/2 hour drive from Decatur). Plan on making the 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive up north on the weekends for the good stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.