Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about finding some easier singletrack up in the Boise front. I can handle an hour ride with light climbing (say 500 or 600 feet). It's just so warm in the valley and I'm not bettering my fitness riding 30 minutes and then bailing due to heat. I've tried a few rides up near Bogus but I was overwhelmed by climbing. I'm not real excited about riding service roads and deep sand. Am I asking for too much? Any suggestions?

Steve

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
sumac said:
I'm curious about finding some easier singletrack up in the Boise front. I can handle an hour ride with light climbing (say 500 or 600 feet). It's just so warm in the valley and I'm not bettering my fitness riding 30 minutes and then bailing due to heat. I've tried a few rides up near Bogus but I was overwhelmed by climbing. I'm not real excited about riding service roads and deep sand. Am I asking for too much? Any suggestions?

Steve
I'm in the same boat as you...want some easy/intermediate trails close to town but hate the heat. I'm just getting back into mountain biking after taking 5 years off to play on my road bike. Sure wish the foothills had trees for shade. Yeah I'm a wimp when it comes to heat. :D

My weekly routine is to head up to Bogus and ride the Nordic Highway once (to the Shafer Butte junction) and then do 4-5 loops of Sappers. Sure it ain't singletrack, but it ain't the heat of the valley.

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
not much easier terrain higher in the boise front

Most of the stuff when you get into the trees is intermediate or expert riding. You might want to try the trail on the backside of mores mountain. It leaves from the shaffer campground and is a nice fun loop and is of intermediate quality.

Or you always have the stack rock trails but I would not call them easy they are more intermediate to expert and require someone to be your guide.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.