Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is short notice, but please help out if you can spare a few hours. Bring your bike and we can go for a ride afterwards.

The East Bay Regional Park District recently granted cyclists access to singletrack in this park, located in Livermore. Please help us to show that this decision was the right one. The trail work will be from 8:30 AM until 12:30 PM and the District will provide lunch. To register call the EBRPD at (510) 544-2631 and at the end of the message say that you are signing up for the Del Valle project and give your name, day phone number and mailing address.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dan'ger said:
I realize this is short notice, but please help out if you can spare a few hours. Bring your bike and we can go for a ride afterwards.

The East Bay Regional Park District recently granted cyclists access to singletrack in this park, located in Livermore. Please help us to show that this decision was the right one. The trail work will be from 8:30 AM until 12:30 PM and the District will provide lunch. To register call the EBRPD at (510) 544-2631 and at the end of the message say that you are signing up for the Del Valle project and give your name, day phone number and mailing address.
Well Dan it looks like I will see you there. I had a good time out at Crockett a couple of weeks ago. See you there.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,620 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Saturday, April 23. 8:30am - 12:30.

Sorry, I thought I'd posted that, but I guess I didn't.
Thanks. I'm not riding this w-e, but we have some engagement on Saturday afternoon, otherwise I would have gone.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zorg said:
Thanks. I'm not riding this w-e, but we have some engagement on Saturday afternoon, otherwise I would have gone.
Crap! I guess I waited too long to make my (wife's) decision as to whether I could go to this or not as all of the spaces are filled.

Hey, ibisGuy, were you planning on bringing your bike for a ride afterwards? I can still try to meet you for that...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Trail Work in JMP

If you missed out on the Del Valle work head on over to Joaquin Miller Park and work with the Friends of Sausal Creek.

Adding growing space and propagating native plants Meet at the Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery 9am-noon

(Perhaps we can grab a couple broom pullers and tackle Sunset Loop & Cinderella.)

Or head on down to Dimond Canyon where they'll be cleaning trash out of the creek, weeding the native plantings and mulching the trails - Meet at the Scout Hut in Dimond Park 9am-noon

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oparks said:
If you missed out on the Del Valle work head on over to Joaquin Miller Park and work with the Friends of Sausal Creek.

Adding growing space and propagating native plants Meet at the Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery 9am-noon

(Perhaps we can grab a couple broom pullers and tackle Sunset Loop & Cinderella.)

Or head on down to Dimond Canyon where they'll be cleaning trash out of the creek, weeding the native plantings and mulching the trails - Meet at the Scout Hut in Dimond Park 9am-noon
Hey Brent,

Are you going to be at JM? I'll go if I have some bike people to hang out with instead of spending my morning with patchoolie stinkin tree huggers - hairy legged women in birkenstocks give me the willies! ;) :D :rolleyes:

Can we tackle Sunset and Cinderella via bike?

I'll have to figure out where the Scout Hut is as I've never (knowingly) been to Dimond Park.

What equipment should I bring? Gloves, sunscreen, widebrimmed hat, Tecnu? Tecnu w/ sunscreen?

Dan

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Crap! I guess I waited too long to make my (wife's) decision as to whether I could go to this or not as all of the spaces are filled.

Hey, ibisGuy, were you planning on bringing your bike for a ride afterwards? I can still try to meet you for that...
It looks like I'm spending tomorrow at work. :( So I don't think I'm going to be going.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ibisGuy said:
It looks like I'm spending tomorrow at work. :( So I don't think I'm going to be going.
Well, considering that it is raining now and according to weather.com it's supposed to rain tomorrow in Oakland and Livermore, I don't think I'll be doing trail maintenance at Del Valle or Joaquin Miller tomorrow. If it clears up, maybe I'll go to Del Valle and say I'm your replacement...

·
Registered
my hair crawled away
536 Posts
Trail map?

Were can I get a map of the legal single track???? Never ridden Del but have hiked it..
Is the single track from Del to Sonol to Mission Peak or am I dreaming.

Interested in seeing what single track was made available? around the parking lot or into the hills?

thanks
g

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.